Wisconsin Week Pressers

Mavric

12 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

Think so?

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/10-things-we-learned-from-scott-frost-s-press-conference

6. Frost: Big Ten will have to adapt to us

Easily the quote of the press conference came when Frost was asked how he would modify his system - derived from the famous high-octane scheme originated by Chip Kelly at Oregon - to adjust to the competition in the Big Ten.

“I’m hoping the Big Ten has to modify their system for us,” Frost said confidently, resulting in a loud cheer from the group of current and former players and NU administration.

Im hoping they have to adjust isnt saying they will have to adjust. So he never said they will have to adjust.

I understand the english language is difficult so i will throw this out there "i hope i win the powerball tonight" does that mean i just won the powerball?

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BlitzFirst said:

Snarky a$$ comment there desertshox.  All because of nuance and semantics.

Frost was asked how he would modify his system for the Big Ten.  Context on the question matters.

His 'hoping' was saying he wasn't going to change it because he thought it was good enough for the Big Ten already and that people would have to adjust to it.

Remember, I'm not the only one who took note of this comment...it was covered by NUMEROUS opponents during that first year.  They often quoted him on it and made fun of him for saying it.  This isn't just me having a take on it.

He was asked how we would adjust and you honestly think he should explain how he would do it? He sidestepped the question with a light hearted answer that was blown out of proportion because people ignored the words he actually used. Again he never said the b1g would have to adjust to him. 

• Plus1 2
21 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Look man, Frost has been talking the talk since he's been here and he hasn't walked the walk yet.  It's why I said, I have a hard time believing that the receivers are the best since he's been here...especially when he didn't throw it downfield on tOSU all day long while they were breaking in 4 new starters...because of this and all the other s#!t he's said since he took the reigns.

So if you're cool with him saying things and you want to believe anything he says regardless of if he gets results on the field, more power to you.

Meantime, stop acting like I'm the one saying anything moronic, or that I can't read or understand English, when all I'm asking for from Frost is less talk and more results.

Sounds like you want to make Frost make the B1G adjust to his system. :lol:

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, BlitzFirst said:

Look man, Frost has been talking the talk since he's been here and he hasn't walked the walk yet.  It's why I said, I have a hard time believing that the receivers are the best since he's been here...especially when he didn't throw it downfield on tOSU all day long while they were breaking in 4 new starters...because of this and all the other s#!t he's said since he took the reigns.

So if you're cool with him saying things and you want to believe anything he says regardless of if he gets results on the field, more power to you.

Meantime, stop acting like I'm the one saying anything moronic, or that I can't read or understand English, when all I'm asking for from Frost is less talk and more results.

This is why we will struggle to land the top kids in the state next year.  As of now,  we will be lucky to get 1 out of the top 4.  

• Plus1 1