Wisconsin Game Cancelled

36 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Initially, I thought this quote from Frost was kind of...well, douche-y. I have feeling about this season and the BIG, but let’s not rehash that whole deal again. Then I read the second half. And it’s something I hadn’t considered; who IS to say a team can’t say Coach X and Coach Y are positive as well, thereby we can’t play because we’ve hit said threshold. Why do that? Well, two QBs are out positive. I could very well be ignorant of the rules set forth and they can’t do that? Don’t know. 

40 minutes ago, Mavric said:

So is the speculation that Wisconsin doesn’t want to play? Is this because of how we looked on Saturday or an available excuse for only having a 4th string QB? 

and how does anyone know that Mertz  is positive? What about confidentiality. 

1 minute ago, krc1995 said:

So is the speculation that Wisconsin doesn’t want to play? Is this because of how we looked on Saturday or an available excuse for only having a 4th string QB? 

More or less.  I think people are questioning if they're trying to get out of the game given their situation at QB.  Not sure if there's anything to that or not but it would be interesting to know.

1 minute ago, krc1995 said:

and how does anyone know that Mertz  is positive? What about confidentiality. 

"sources"

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

More or less.  I think people are questioning if they're trying to get out of the game given their situation at QB.  Not sure if there's anything to that or not but it would be interesting to know.

"sources"

So either Mertz himself(plausible) or someone who tested him(lawsuit) leaked

does this mean Wiscy has to cancel/postpone 3 games or 21 days worth. 

2 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

So Wisconsin needs 35+ COVID positive players and coaches for the conference to step in and cancel. RED/RED situation

If Wisconsin has 11+ COVID positive players and coaches, Wisconsin can choose to play or cancel - it's up to them - they won't be punished for canceling. ORANGE/RED situation. 

So what your saying is they’ll all get better after the election? 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

If the game gets canceled, it gets canceled. The last thing we should be doing is playing against a team that is currently experiencing an outbreak. We've seen in MLB and NFL that the virus doesn't magically stop being transmitted during a game, and we need to make sure we aren't putting players in danger.

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, krc1995 said:

So either Mertz himself(plausible) or someone who tested him(lawsuit) leaked

does this mean Wiscy has to cancel/postpone 3 games or 21 days worth. 

Not really - yes, if it was a person who tested him. HIPAA applies to medical professionals. If Mertz told his roommate, and his roommate told a reporter, no lawsuits to be had. Obviously, some network of friends/family is the much more likely answer. Shoot, even coaching staff inside the team who are friendly with a reporter - not illegal for them to tell the paper he's out. 

• Plus1 2
  • Mavric changed the title to Wisconsin Game Cancelled