Wisconsin Game Cancelled

56 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

They only have around 146 players, staff and coaches?  That seems low.

You are limited to a total of 150 tested people I believe

---edit--- the number is actually 170 so 146 does seem low compared to what they are allotted. One would think they would max out their roster size to that number.

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Why?

Only 8 games for the big ten, lots of cancellations around the country, no eligibility considerations.. Maybe not a giant asterisk I guess, but it's a weird year. That doesn't diminish winning games, but I think it makes it easier to try things and live with the results. Most coaches aren't going to use injury/illness as an excuse anyway, but this year it widens the range of acceptable outcomes at least in my mind. Will Chryst ever tolerate losing to us? No. But would it bother him as much this year with those factors? I doubt it, but maybe.

10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Why?

Because of late start date, no fans, no non-conference games, massive amounts of cancelled & postponed games, it doesn't count towards eligibility, riots, Karens, Murder Hornets, Trump, Biden, Asteroids etc... you know, it's not even close to F#@$ing normal.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Weird year...yes.

But, every team is playing within the pandemic and within their conference's rules.  If (praying) we show in the next 8 games we are an actually pretty good team and end up with a really good record....I'm not putting an asterisk by this year.

Fair enough, and yeah I'm totally willing to accept positives out of this year. Maybe a little more lenient than I would normally be on the negatives. And I guess a year with 9 games instead of 12-15 doesn't really need an asterisk to stick out, haha.

Just now, Husker in WI said:

Fair enough, and yeah I'm totally willing to accept positives out of this year. Maybe a little more lenient than I would normally be on the negatives. And I guess a year with 9 games instead of 12-15 doesn't really need an asterisk to stick out, haha.

Let's wait and see how the year turns out.  I'm guessing if Wisconsin goes 0-3 over the next few weeks, or worse, has to cancel games, their fan base will be perfectly fine with their *.  We have a long ways to go...  

50 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

Doesn't matter if they play their 4th string. As others have said we didn't get any slack playing fyfe, vedral, kellogg, bunch. So f them

Minnesota faced like seven backup quarterbacks last year and then talked endless trash about the season they had, we should be able to dunk on beating Wisconsin with one, too.

• Plus1 2

• Mavric changed the title to Wisconsin Game Cancelled