Wisconsin Game Cancelled

2 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Not scared? Already planning for Purdue next week 

While I think it is highly unlikely that Wisconsin "ducked" Nebraska intentionally due to having only a 4th string QB (when has it mattered who the Wisconsin QB is lately against Nebraska?), however, this will have some very ugly optics if they play Purdue. 

What if Wisconsin and Purdue play while simultaneously Northwestern "suddenly" has an outbreak starting this Sunday that results in Nebraska's next game being cancelled.  The complaints out of Nebraska would be at an all time high. At that point, even conspiracy skeptics would have to start wondering what is going on.

I highly doubt that level of conspiracy is in place, but the Big Ten had better hope that Nebraska plays Northwestern next weekend if Wisconsin plays Purdue.  The national media will have a field day if Wis-Pur play and Nebraska-NW don't - they will pick up on the story at that point pretty heavily that Nebraska is being punished.  Doesn't matter if that is really the case, but ESECPN will love to tear down the Big Ten if the Big Ten is dumb enough to give them something that easy to mock.

And at that point, intentional or not, the Big Ten will deserve it.

• Plus1 1

I really think that they should say that Wisconsin forfeited the game. After all, the outbreak started because may be the university did not enforce safety protocols that well. If both teams had an outbreak then the game should be cancelled but when one team is ready to play and the other isn’t then it should be called a forfeit. If the fear of forfeiting the game was there, teams would be more careful in following safety protocols. 

The chances of us playing this weekend are extremely slim which is really frustrating.

Feel terrible for the players and coaches. From what I heard on the radio tonight, it sounds like Wisconsin was the main reason games started on October 24th instead of October 17th too. They had to shut everything down in September because of another outbreak in their program. Starting on October 17th would’ve created a bye week somewhere in the season which would’ve allowed rescheduling games. All I’m trying to say is, I hate Wisconsin and COVID-19. GBR. 

45 minutes ago, macroboy said:

I wish we had a game too but the idea they are ducking us is silly.

based on recent history they have every reason to believe they can beat us w their 4th string qb.

Chins was gonna put that guy on the Heisman map.

Last call for alcohol is earlier now.

• Plus1 1