Wisconsin Game Cancelled

4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

A football team wants to play football, has teamed up with a world-leading medical center to ensure they're taking proper steps to safely play, intends to play like dozens of other teams around the country who are able to play, and is being told no by their conference.

And that makes Nebraska a "pest?"

Gonna disagree with that notion. 

we are delta house

6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

A football team wants to play football, has teamed up with a world-leading medical center to ensure they're taking proper steps to safely play, intends to play like dozens of other teams around the country who are able to play, and is being told no by their conference.

And that makes Nebraska a "pest?"

Gonna disagree with that notion. 

That’s not what you gain when reading the Wetzel article and the quotes from his source? Disturbing the order and breaking from unity? They come off like a pest, hence the trolls recent posts about whining. 

3 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

That’s not what you gain when reading the Wetzel article and the quotes from his source? Disturbing the order and breaking from unity? They come off like a pest, hence the trolls recent posts about whining. 

The trolls are from the crybaby schools that didn't want to play anyway. They are pissed that Nebraska and Ohio State fought to get the season going. We are a much easier target to pick on and bully because we have not been good on the field. Wisconsin, Michigan and some of the people who live in those states don't want football.

If Ohio State starts losing games- let's see if everyone thinks they are a pest.

• Plus1 2

8 minutes ago, C-4 said:

Wisconsin wants the 21-day COVID rule re-written. What are the optics going to be when the B1G doesn't let Nebraska schedule a team because "that's a rule we had" and nothing else... but changes this rule for Wisconsin?

TBH there should already be an investigation into Wisconsin, because it's highly possible they played Mertz while testing positive. And you can't tell me they have done everything in their power to control their players. This is the second shut-down they have had.

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, hskrfan4life said:

Sure looks convenient. 

What will be interesting to watch will be the reaction of the national media if Wisconsin plays on the 7th, after still piling up positive cases today.  And players that tested positive are allowed to play without sitting for 21 days, because the Big Ten changes the rule.

If that happens, I think that ESPN will hammer the Big Ten and Wisconsin pretty good on Gameday.

If the Big Ten states the Wisconsin-Purdue game will be played, then I'd put the chances that Northwestern suddenly has an outbreak announced on Nov 1 requiring cancellation of the game on the 7th at 50-50.  Not because those teams are necessarily scared to play Nebraska, but because of the Big Ten being miffed at Nebraska trying to still schedule an OOC game. And releasing an announcement that had (mild) criticism of the Big Ten.

If that happens, the national media mockery will go up even more.  I would hope the Big Ten will not try to pull something like that, but at this point its hard not to become more concerned about how the Big Ten treats Nebraska.  It all depends on how the Big Ten treats the Wisconsin players that tested positive.  If the Big Ten says they won't play until the 14th or 21st, then this situation cools down.  If on the other hand, they let them play (particularly if the covid+ players play), then it shows they have two sets of rules.

None of this means you immediately run off to another conference, but it does start to add some uncertainty.  The academic side, the additional research money, etc. will still hold a lot of weight.

• Plus1 2
28 minutes ago, Rochelobe said:

What will be interesting to watch will be the reaction of the national media if Wisconsin plays on the 7th, after still piling up positive cases today.  And players that tested positive are allowed to play without sitting for 21 days, because the Big Ten changes the rule.

If that happens, I think that ESPN will hammer the Big Ten and Wisconsin pretty good on Gameday.

If the Big Ten states the Wisconsin-Purdue game will be played, then I'd put the chances that Northwestern suddenly has an outbreak announced on Nov 1 requiring cancellation of the game on the 7th at 50-50.  Not because those teams are necessarily scared to play Nebraska, but because of the Big Ten being miffed at Nebraska trying to still schedule an OOC game. And releasing an announcement that had (mild) criticism of the Big Ten.

If that happens, the national media mockery will go up even more.  I would hope the Big Ten will not try to pull something like that, but at this point its hard not to become more concerned about how the Big Ten treats Nebraska.  It all depends on how the Big Ten treats the Wisconsin players that tested positive.  If the Big Ten says they won't play until the 14th or 21st, then this situation cools down.  If on the other hand, they let them play (particularly if the covid+ players play), then it shows they have two sets of rules.

None of this means you immediately run off to another conference, but it does start to add some uncertainty.  The academic side, the additional research money, etc. will still hold a lot of weight.

First of all, the Big Ten didn't cancel the game or shut them down, Wisconsin did. I expect them to start themselves back up and they will indeed play on the 7th, with Chryst on the sidelines as it'll have been 10 days.  I don't think anyone will say much of anything.  Nebraska folks are getting excited about this but no one else will remember come next weekend.

29 minutes ago, runningblind said:

First of all, the Big Ten didn't cancel the game or shut them down, Wisconsin did. I expect them to start themselves back up and they will indeed play on the 7th, with Chryst on the sidelines as it'll have been 10 days.  I don't think anyone will say much of anything.  Nebraska folks are getting excited about this but no one else will remember come next weekend.

I am aware that Wisconsin chose to cancel.  However, it is (according to the current rules) NOT Wisconsin's choice to allow players that tested positive to play.  My understanding of the procedures laid out by the Big Ten is that players that test positive must sit 21 days.  For their QB from the Illinois game to be allowed to play against Purdue, I think the Big Ten has to approve a waiver of their 21 day sit down.

Wisconsin is still increasing their number of positive tests.  Does that not mean they can cross over to Red/Red status - which per the Big Ten is a mandatory shutdown, meaning a cancellation of next week's game?  That is my understanding of the rules - and I would think they have to be getting pretty close to the Red/Red situation with the additional 3 tests.  Maybe they are still below it.  I wish I had a better understanding of the convoluted Red/Red criteria.

1. If they do cross it AND the Big Ten says "no problem" that will be when the hypocrisy becomes apparent.

2. If Wisconsin does cross Red/Red and the Big Ten says "you must sit", then all of this goes away. 

3. If the Big Ten chooses to on-the-fly redefine Red/Red (and assuming Wisconsin is over the initially defined limit) then I think any criticism by Nebraska is quite fair. 

Granted we are not at this point yet - but if item 1 or 3 comes true then this will get ugly.

• Plus1 1