Wisconsin Game Cancelled

^^ so much the above 
Cases  <  outcomes 

0-19 yrs old 99.987% recovery of ALL cases (including Co-morbidities) 

20-49 yrs old 99.89% recovery of ALL cases (Including CM’s) 

at 55+ there is more risk, but still not crazy numbers if otherwise healthy. If you’re that age or have underlying, protect yourself. And I’ll do my part to protect you too, but I’m done staying home and canceling everything. YOU stay home if you don’t feel safe. And no, I’m going to any concerts or packed arenas, but we can do stuff in measured terms. 

(CDC) 

my son had Hodgkin Lymphoma and nearly died of sepsis and multiple other illnesses over a 2 yr span during his  treatment. So I know illness. I’m not an idiot when it comes to health. I get it. However...
No one shut down the whole of society, economies, businesses, schools, theaters, arts, music, comedy, bars, restaurants, and college football because 600,000 people die of cancer every year. EVERY YEAR, just from cancer. My son survived and the whole of life went on during that time,  albeit painful for us, difficult to manage...but that was actually a motivation; that life could go on. 

when the B10 decided to play games, my son’s first reaction was “can we go to a game”...no son, they’ll cancel them. 

And they are canceling. f#&% you B10, and those in power  or who want power.  You’re robbing people of their lives, even lives doing everything they can according to “rules” to protect themselves “and others”. 

Saban got it, coached the same week. Lawrence has it, will play next week, my sister in law got it 2 weeks ago, cooking dinner tonight, and she was sick as f#&%.  I know people that got it and died and I know people that got it and didn’t even know. There is risk in life, but life goes on. 

This has gone too far.  And I’m not talking football necessarily, (but now I’m pissed). I voted ‘no’ on a season cuz I knew it would be political.  I’m talking about the overall destruction of having adversity and risk in everyday life measured against human performance to move on and grow. We have stunted a generation, and there is no end in sight. f#&% you B1G 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Fire 2

20 minutes ago, I am I said:

^^ so much the above 
Cases  <  outcomes 

at 55+ there is more risk, but still not crazy numbers if otherwise healthy. If you’re that age or have underlying, protect yourself. And I’ll do my part to protect you too, but I’m done staying home and canceling everything. YOU stay home if you don’t feel safe. And no, I’m going to any concerts or packed arenas, but we can do stuff in measured terms. 

(CDC) 

my son had Hodgkin Lymphoma and nearly died of sepsis and multiple other illnesses over a 2 yr span during his  treatment. So I know illness. I’m not an idiot when it comes to health. I get it. However...
No one shut down the whole of society, economies, businesses, schools, theaters, arts, music, comedy, bars, restaurants, and college football because 600,000 people die of cancer every year. EVERY YEAR, just from cancer. My son survived and the whole of life went on during that time,  albeit painful for us, difficult to manage...but that was actually a motivation; that life could go on. 

when the B10 decided to play games, my son’s first reaction was “can we go to a game”...no son, they’ll cancel them. 

And they are canceling. f#&% you B10, and those in power  or who want power.  You’re robbing people of their lives, even lives doing everything they can according to “rules” to protect themselves “and others”. 

Saban got it, coached the same week. Lawrence has it, will play next week, my sister in law got it 2 weeks ago, cooking dinner tonight, and she was sick as f#&%.  I know people that got it and died and I know people that got it and didn’t even know. There is risk in life, but life goes on. 

This has gone too far.  And I’m not talking football necessarily, (but now I’m pissed). I voted ‘no’ on a season cuz I knew it would be political.  I’m talking about the overall destruction of having adversity and risk in everyday life measured against human performance to move on and grow. We have stunted a generation, and there is no end in sight. f#&% you B1G 

Cancer isn't contagious.  Covid is.  Cancer isn't necessarily preventable.  Covid is.  You also have numbers regarding recovery. Those numbers are for those who have survived.  We still don't know what the recovery numbers are because we have absolutely no idea what will happen long term to those folks who got it.  

As for "robbing people of their lives," you went off of the rails there.  This is school sports.  If you're ticked off about a cancellation of a football game, you live a charmed life.   

• Plus1 6
  • Fire 1
22 minutes ago, southernoregonhusker said:

Cancer isn't contagious.  Covid is.  Cancer isn't necessarily preventable.  Covid is.  You also have numbers regarding recovery. Those numbers are for those who have survived.  We still don't know what the recovery numbers are because we have absolutely no idea what will happen long term to those folks who got it.  

As for "robbing people of their lives," you went off of the rails there.  This is school sports.  If you're ticked off about a cancellation of a football game, you live a charmed life.   

I bet that the recovery numbers for Covid will always be better then they are for cancer.   

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, I am I said:

Charmed life?  lol. I guess I’m privileged. My shoes are worn, walk a mile bud....

K, my kid had cancer and life went on, even when he was in PICU for 29 days. They didn’t cancel anything while he was holding on for dear life. They actually said, “we recommend he doesn’t go to school because he’s at risk” when he got out of the PICU. So HE didn’t. They didn’t cancel school for the other 1494 kids there. He stayed home. 
Life goes on. People helped and it was amazing, grew us closer. But life didn’t stop. it actually motivated him to fight harder so that he could get back. 

Cancer isn’t contagious. Yep, but it’s hereditary.  So maybe we should stop doing a lot of stuff cuz 6000,000 people die EVERY SINGLE YEAR of dozens of cancers? 

Covid is preventable? no, no it’s not. You get it or you don’t. We can mitigate, but don’t you think T Lawrence was mitigating?   President got it, Vaughn Miller got it, I got it, Saban got it, dozens of NFL players got it, 19 teachers in our district have gotten it, my sister in law got it, at least 8 other people I know personally got it. Some got it real bad, some died...others were okay. Others don’t even know they got it, but tested positive. 

yeah. I get it, it sucks and so does every other illness or death that seems like it “happened too soon”.  I take the risk every time I have a cigar or eat crappy food. So let’s stop school, sports, arts, music, Thanksgiving, dance recitals, birthdays, weddings,  and other life stuff so that 99.986% of people who live will “protect” the .014% of people who are vulnerable. 

just keep shutting things down and canceling. No one cancels anything while 600,000 people die EVERY SINGLE YEAR of cancer. My son missed 1.5 yrs of school and his life, no one canceled anything. I’m not calling out sports specifically, as I laid out with:  jobs, arts, bars, music, comedy, flights, businesses, strip clubs, day care centers, Home Depot, grocery stores, renovation projects, govt business, police, firefighters, teachers, kids, elderly, sick, healthy or otherwise. Some can do their stuff whilst other cannot? 

life goes on. It has to. Don’t tell me I’m off the rails. I get it. But  enough is enough. If you feel vulnerable, YOU stay home. I’m not going to a 90k stadium or a 1k stage concert cuz I’m smart about it. But we cannot, anymore stop people who are 50 and younger from living life...with all its inherent risks. Living life is a risk. I’ll take the risk at 44yrs old to work and provide. If you don’t want to then you don’t. 

If Husker players don’t want to play then they don’t have to either. If WISC players and team don’t want play then don’t. But if CHATT does, and our kids do, we should be playing them. 

the B1G has f#&%ed our athletes from even having a choice. Saban has COVID on Tuesday but coaches on Saturday, but we can’t play CHATT this week? GTFO, let’s live life. 

Sorry to hear your situation, but you crazy bro.

The only thing cancer and covid have in common is they both start with C. Whether you go out and live your life, or not, has zero impact on cancer. Whether you go out and live your life, or not, definitely has an impact with this covid crap going on.

and btw- saban did NOT just have covid and then was magically fine to coach 3 days later. Saban ended up NOT having covid covid because it was a false positive test lolol... before you spout off with these conspiracy theories, do some research, BUDDD

• Plus1 6

3 hours ago, I am I said:

^^ so much the above 
Cases  <  outcomes 

(CDC) 

WTF does this have to do with this topic?
There are about 4 other threads where this crap belongs, this isn’t one of them.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

Its kind of late but if The Illini can't play either why not have NU and Purdue play??

Ryan Evan

@IlliniPulseRy

#illini Football news: Covid-19 has hit the Illinois football team. After clean results earlier in the week. Multiple positives today. No update on status for Saturday’s game against Purdue but expect more info tommorow. Retesting will be happening to confirm.

9:11 PM · Oct 29, 2020

1 minute ago, nic said:

Its kind of late but if The Illini can't play either why not have NU and Purdue play? 

#illini Football news: Covid-19 has hit the Illinois football team. After clean results earlier in the week. Multiple positives today. No update on status for Saturday’s game against Purdue but expect more info tommorow. Retesting will be happening to confirm.

that makes too much sense...so the B1G will surely deny any such request

19 minutes ago, nic said:

Its kind of late but if The Illini can't play either why not have NU and Purdue play??

Ryan Evan

@IlliniPulseRy

9:11 PM · Oct 29, 2020

It's Friday. The game would be tomorrow. Illinois hasn't even cancelled their game....yet.

Come on people. I wanted a game to happen also but 1 day notice, really?

• Plus1 2