Wisconsin Game Cancelled

4 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

I will be honest.  ESPN is only good for live sports.  Even then half of thier people calling the games suck.  When people wonder what cause global warming it might be all of the hot air from Bristol CT.

Agree. It is unwatchable anymore. So many bad takes and poor personnel. I don't understand how a network that started on and focus's on sports has gotten so piss poor at it. It's incredible.

4 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Agree. It is unwatchable anymore. So many bad takes and poor personnel. I don't understand how a network that started on and focus's on sports has gotten so piss poor at it. It's incredible.

I guess because some bright boy in marketing figures since E comes before S in their station name, that is the route they will go.

They have chosen to emphasize the Entertainment part over the Sports part the last 20 years or so, and thus the slide.  As great as ESPN was from ~1985-~2000 (when their focus was much more on the actual sporting events).

When you compare their current lineup of sports "personalities" (e.g., Stephen A Smith, Finebaum, etc.) to what used to be on the sports reporters, it is really sad.  I remember when Lupica seemed like the whiniest idiot ever on TV.  Now he'd barely even move the needle.

I miss John Saunders, Bob Ley, and Tom Mees.  Those are the guys I remember - when they talked I wanted to hear what they had to say.  I always found Berman tiring, but at least it was sports-centric.  Olberman was also exhausting.

Didn't Disney basically get controlling interest in ESPN in the late 90s, due to the ESPN shares that ABC held?  I struggle to find anything good that Disney has done for Entertainment (there is that word again) during that time. 

I had hopes for the FS1 and FS2 channels, but once they hired Skip Bayless, I figured that tipped their hand of how they wanted to go - an ESPN echo.

• Plus1 5
5 minutes ago, Rochelobe said:

I guess because some bright boy in marketing figures since E comes before S in their station name, that is the route they will go.

They have chosen to emphasize the Entertainment part over the Sports part the last 20 years or so, and thus the slide.  As great as ESPN was from ~1985-~2000 (when their focus was much more on the actual sporting events).

When you compare their current lineup of sports "personalities" (e.g., Stephen A Smith, Finebaum, etc.) to what used to be on the sports reporters, it is really sad.  I remember when Lupica seemed like the whiniest idiot ever on TV.  Now he'd barely even move the needle.

I miss John Saunders, Bob Ley, and Tom Mees.  Those are the guys I remember - when they talked I wanted to hear what they had to say.  I always found Berman tiring, but at least it was sports-centric.  Olberman was also exhausting.

Didn't Disney basically get controlling interest in ESPN in the late 90s, due to the ESPN shares that ABC held?  I struggle to find anything good that Disney has done for Entertainment (there is that word again) during that time. 

I had hopes for the FS1 and FS2 channels, but once they hired Skip Bayless, I figured that tipped their hand of how they wanted to go - an ESPN echo.

100% agree. Good summary.

I always enjoyed Berman. I can see where he could get tiring but he had the best stuff on NFL Prime Time. Rumblin’ bumblin’ stumblin’.....I miss those days.

Now the only time I’ll watch any ESPN channel is when they have a game I want to see or a 30 for 30. Absolutely hate their news and commentary. Such a waste of potential.

• Plus1 4

It would have been nice to have Wisky at home and see if we could win.  Actually, we only need 6 games to move on and I thought this was gonna be a loss.  If we can beat PSU and win the rest it is quite a story that could be sold.  So, we control everything moving forward and this can be a great season of momentum.  I'm chosing this view and road.  The other one has "butthurt" all over it.  

2 hours ago, Rochelobe said:

I'm [not too] surprised we heard no one speak out against selling the sport to Disney Corp.  I guess if someone did, the Hollywood owned networks would not want to give him any airtime. 

2 hours ago, BigRedN said:

It would have been nice to have Wisky at home and see if we could win.  Actually, we only need 6 games to move on and I thought this was gonna be a loss.  If we can beat PSU and win the rest it is quite a story that could be sold.  So, we control everything moving forward and this can be a great season of momentum.  I'm chosing this view and road.  The other one has "butthurt" all over it.  

What is the other view and road?

Isn't there room to look forward to the potential for the remainder of this season while also acknowledging that the B1G severely mishandled this whole ordeal and Wisconsin obviously is gaming the Covid rules that Barry helped developed? I don't see where it's an either or scenario that you think you're taking a high road on.

Again, can someone explain to me why isn’t the BIG TEN admitting that Wisconsin is forfeiting the game? From what I heard, Wisconsin is not in the red alert stage and cancelling the game was their decision and not the conference. They see that there is a big chance that they lose the game and suddenly decide to use COVID as an excuse to cancel the game. I bet if the game was in Wisconsin, they would not cancel. If Nebraska did that, everyone in the BIG would call us chicken. I am really starting to hate the BiG ten and feel that they have never really accepted us as a legitimate member. 

14 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

Again, can someone explain to me why isn’t the BIG TEN admitting that Wisconsin is forfeiting the game? From what I heard, Wisconsin is not in the red alert stage and cancelling the game was their decision and not the conference. They see that there is a big chance that they lose the game and suddenly decide to use COVID as an excuse to cancel the game. I bet if the game was in Wisconsin, they would not cancel. If Nebraska did that, everyone in the BIG would call us chicken. I am really starting to hate the BiG ten and feel that they have never really accepted us as a legitimate member. 

YOU SEE,  THE B1G THINKS THE LANDSCAPE WANTS OSU VS WISCONSIN IN THE CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME, JUST LIKE THEY DO..... AND THEY HAVE TO PROTECT THAT IMAGE

History-Channel-The-Ancient-Aliens-Guy.p

• Haha 2