Wisconsin Game Cancelled

26 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Now that it’s Saturday morning.....I’m even more pissed this got canceled and that we couldn’t schedule someone else.  

lol.. wait until its announced that Wisconsin is back practicing in preparation for the Purdue game. (before the 7 day shutdown) That is if any Wisconsin journalist has the gonads to publish it.

56 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

lol.. wait until its announced that Wisconsin is back practicing in preparation for the Purdue game. (before the 7 day shutdown) That is if any Wisconsin journalist has the gonads to publish it.

The earliest they can practice is 3 days before the game, although it looks like it’s not going to happen either. 

9 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

Again, can someone explain to me why isn’t the BIG TEN admitting that Wisconsin is forfeiting the game? From what I heard, Wisconsin is not in the red alert stage and cancelling the game was their decision and not the conference. They see that there is a big chance that they lose the game and suddenly decide to use COVID as an excuse to cancel the game. I bet if the game was in Wisconsin, they would not cancel. If Nebraska did that, everyone in the BIG would call us chicken. I am really starting to hate the BiG ten and feel that they have never really accepted us as a legitimate member. 

The last thing we need is teams forced to play a game when it’s not safe to do so. 

This conspiracy none sense needs to stop. Covid is spreading through Wisconsin and it’s football team like wildfire. Let’s stop worrying about a damned game and worry more about public health.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

It is amazing to me that so many of you went down the college football Q anon path when anybody paying even a minimal amount of attention had to know the number of positive tests at Wisconsin would continue to grow during the week.

Here is all that should have been said:

I am very glad that the student athletes, the young men, whose safety was entrusted to the university, and who we care about both as athletes and human being, don't have to go play a team with a virus outbreak to appease our jock sniffing gladiator syndrome and need for validation through sportsball.

Edited by macroboy
Took out my last sentence. It was a step too far.
  • Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
23 minutes ago, macroboy said:

I also think it is TOTAL B^(($#!+ that the BIG wouldn't let us play Tennessee- Chatahootchie or whoever it was.

We went into the season knowing it was conference only. It sucks to lose again but it’s the rules. I’m a little embarrassed that the team is making this spat public. It’s a bad look for us. 

19 minutes ago, Branno said:

We went into the season knowing it was conference only. It sucks to lose again but it’s the rules. I’m a little embarrassed that the team is making this spat public. It’s a bad look for us. 

Disagree. We came in to the season knowing COVID positive would be a 21 day leave; Barry and Wisconsin are only now fighting that. Same thing, and you wouldn’t call their action embarrassing. It’s just the media spin that makes a difference between how you perceive our issue and Wisconsin’s issue.

(And before someone says Wisconsin is claiming there’s a difference in new data that supports a change in protocol, the only reason there’s a conference-only schedule is because B1G assumed no one else we could schedule would have strict enough protocols themselves... but UTC does, so that would warrant a likewise re-visit.)

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

13 minutes ago, Branno said:

The only place this is a "public spat" is by the media.....which is zero surprise 

With no football game, the media still needs clicks for their advertising numbers.

Moos via Green asked if a substitute game would be considered.  The conference voted no.

Leave it to the internet and media to create high drama with no proof it's there.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, MLB 51 said:

123462839_807453636679400_73308356826142

Yeah, this is going to get worse before it gets better. Kevin Warren has been complete garbage in handling the conference since taking over for Delaney. At least Ohio State and Michigan are siding with us publicly, as they should--they stand to lose more than us if something similar happens to them in the B1G East. I just worry that Warren is going to do something even more boneheaded and drag the conference down before teams get wise and force him out. 

Also, not all taking heads at ESPN are against Nebraska all the time. Just some. 

• Plus1 2
5 hours ago, Branno said:

what season?  It was cancelled, remember.  And we were told there would be no revisiting at all.

Oh wait...then things changed.

3 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

So when do they enter red/red? 

Before any road games when the don't have a starting QB.

• Fire 2