Wisconsin Game Cancelled

1 hour ago, krc1995 said:

Can’t control your team is a forfeit in my book.

Not our fault that others do not want to play bad enough to adhere to the safety protocols. 

+1. Play the hypotheticals - behavioral issues. Say we had so many players suspended for something they'd been caught doing wrong that we "couldn't play". I suppose everyone should let us off the hook, huh? 

• Plus1 2

9 hours ago, internetman said:

I dont get the forfeit.. you want a non-contest to count as a win for nebraska? you want wisconsin to have a loss when they entered the season in the agreement with the big10 (and the rest of the schools) that if covid was spiking that they could shut down operations? forfeit/ cancelled. does it really matter? the game wasn't played 

Should be a forfeit if your conditions don't dictate the game be cancelled.  It was their choice at orange/red.  No way 90% of the teams in our league cancel under the same circumstances.  Wisconsin is trying to protect their title chances.  I get it but don't agree that it should be allowed.  Those candy asses should be called out imo.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
23 hours ago, krc1995 said:

Can’t control your team is a forfeit in my book.

Not our fault that others do not want to play bad enough to adhere to the safety protocols. 

It's pretty obvious why Bucky chose not to play. They knew they would actually lose this one, and lose another title shot. 

We played with a 3rd string QB last year, 10th string kicker, star players injured, ect. We knew we could easily lose games, but we didn't have the luxury to cancel. Wisconsin didn't need to cancel but they chose to, potentially hurting our own title shot. They shouldn't be allowed to gain from not playing while we are punished. There are too many loop holes for them to gain and us to lose from a game we didn't have the option to play.

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, ZRod said:

It's pretty obvious why Bucky chose not to play. They knew they would actually lose this one, and lose another title shot. 

We played with a 3rd string QB last year, 10th string kicker, star players injured, ect. We knew we could easily lose games, but we didn't have the luxury to cancel. Wisconsin didn't need to cancel but they chose to, potentially hurting our own title shot. They shouldn't be allowed to gain from not playing while we are punished. There are too many loop holes for them to gain and us to lose from a game we didn't have the option to play.

We played with 1/4 of our defense injured and playing out of position in the Big Ten Championship game in 2012. 

Illinois played Northwestern Saturday with several starters out.  

It's like Frost said. If you want to play, you find a way to play. 

• Plus1 3
17 minutes ago, knapplc said:

We played with 1/4 of our defense injured and playing out of position in the Big Ten Championship game in 2012. 

Illinois played Northwestern Saturday with several starters out.  

It's like Frost said. If you want to play, you find a way to play. 

Yep. It will be interesting to watch the news out of Madison this week in regards to playing this weekend and any other positives. 

If they just had more positives over the weekend I dont know how they can say they have it under control up to "their" standards.

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, knapplc said:

GET YOUR HOUSE IN ORDER, BADGERS!!!

Combined with their earlier outbreak, there can't be many left who can get it.  They get their QB back for Michigan and can run the table for a 6-0 west champion season... smh.

2 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Combined with their earlier outbreak, there can't be many left who can get it.  They get their QB back for Michigan and can run the table for a 6-0 west champion season... smh.

Get one more game cancelled and they're (probably) ineligible for the CCG.

• Plus1 1

So with 27 cases, Wisconsin has to be Red/Red right? I feel like they are, and cancelled our game/initiated the shutdown to be able to ramp back up sooner. I don't think the 7 days start over when you cross thresholds, so as soon as they drop out of Red/Red they could go back to practice since it's been 7+ days. Am I way off base there? Basically starting the clock early so the only factor they have to consider when coming back is the Red/Orange stuff, not how long they've been locked down.