Wisconsin Game Cancelled

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

GET YOUR HOUSE IN ORDER, BADGERS!!!

If the rumors are true and the players weren't taking it seriously (going to a wedding), then this is on them and I don't feel sorry.

But, if the rumors are not true and they were taking every precaution and it still got into the team, this sucks for them.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Hilltop said:

I really hope so at this point.  IMO they deserve that for cancelling a game they didn't have to cancel.

I think with them getting to 22 before Saturday they would have had to cancel it.

Seems like they cancelled early knowing they were going to eventually hit red/red and did it to start their clock but also give Nebraska a chance to find another opponent.

I was critical of them cancelling early but they clearly knew they were going to hit red/red.

• Plus1 2
Just now, Minnesota_husker said:

I think with them getting to 22 before Saturday they would have had to cancel it.

Seems like they cancelled early knowing they were going to eventually hit red/red and did it to start their clock but also give Nebraska a chance to find another opponent.

I was critical of them cancelling early but they clearly knew they were going to hit red/red.

Yeah. I think it's pretty clear they had no choice but to cancel the Nebraska game. All we're being given are the positive numbers. I'm guessing they have a lot more folks unavailable due to contract tracing. 

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Yeah. I think it's pretty clear they had no choice but to cancel the Nebraska game. All we're being given are the positive numbers. I'm guessing they have a lot more folks unavailable due to contract tracing. 

Ya. This notion that they were scared of us or cancelling just because they didnt want to play with their 4th strong QB seems a bit laughable when you see this thing blowing up.

I am annoyed with Wisconsin but would have been far more annoyed if they played the game and we had a few guys get it because they didnt follow procedure. 

• Plus1 3

11 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

They still cancelled before they were forced to.  You can't tell me Frost would have made the same decision.  Win or lose the game, getting on the field in 2020 is a win.  22 wouldn't necessarily guarantee a red/red by the way.  

You guys are all a bunch of tools.  Can you imagine if the badgers had played you last week?  Your whole team would've been infected and you would be looking at canceling multiple games.  You should all be thanking the Wisconsin program for canceling the game.

The nutjobs among you (and I emphasize Nutjobs) who think that the Badgers canceled your team because they were ducking you should take their antipsychotic medication and seriously ask themselves the following questions:

1. Are the badgers also ducking Purdue because of fear of a loss?

2. Why on earth would the badgers try to avoid a game against Nebraska, regardless of who is at quarterback? Wisconsin is 8-1 against Nebraska since you joined the Big 10.  And, only 2 of those games were even remotely competitive.  The badgers have a top flight defense this year and did not surrender a point against Illinois.  On the other hand, Nebraska got completely blown out against Ohio State.  I'm pretty sure the Wisconsin coaches and players were pretty confident they could win handily against your team by simply playing an equipment manager at quarterback.

Thinking that we would try to avoid an obvious easy win against your pathetic team is pretty much the same as saying Ohio State would like to avoid playing Rutgers. 

You guys are delusional and living 30 years in the past. You are nothing but a speed bump in the road against a decent Big 10 team.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

They still cancelled before they were forced to.  You can't tell me Frost would have made the same decision.  Win or lose the game, getting on the field in 2020 is a win.  22 wouldn't necessarily guarantee a red/red by the way.  

Those are just positives. How many were being held out due to contract tracing? They know those players were in contact with others. None of us know the full picture. If they'd have played Purdue it would have confirmed suspicions, but canceling this game as well lends credibility to their decision. And we don't want a team playing Nebraska if they *might* have a bunch of developing positive cases.

We don't have to like it, but it looks like they made the responsible decision.

• Fire 1
2 minutes ago, fizbin said:

You guys are all a bunch of tools.  Can you imagine if the badgers had played you last week?  Your whole team would've been infected and you would be looking at canceling multiple games.  You should all be thanking the Wisconsin program for canceling the game.

The nutjobs among you (and I emphasize Nutjobs) who think that the Badgers canceled your team because they were ducking you should take their antipsychotic medication and seriously ask themselves the following questions:

2. Why on earth would the badgers try to avoid a game against Nebraska, regardless of who is at quarterback? Wisconsin is 8-1 against Nebraska since you joined the Big 10.  And, only 2 of those games were even remotely competitive.  The badgers have a top flight defense this year and did not surrender a point against Illinois.  On the other hand, Nebraska got completely blown out against Ohio State.  I'm pretty sure the Wisconsin coaches and players were pretty confident they could win handily against your team by simply playing an equipment manager at quarterback.

Thinking that we would try to avoid an obvious easy win against your pathetic team is pretty much the same as saying Ohio State would like to avoid playing Rutgers. 

You guys are delusional and living 30 years in the past. You are nothing but a speed bump in the road against a decent Big 10 team.

Calm down there, tiger.

• Plus1 4

20 minutes ago, fizbin said:

Yes wisconsin is ducking purdue

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2