Wisconsin Game Cancelled

28 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

They still cancelled before they were forced to.  You can't tell me Frost would have made the same decision.  Win or lose the game, getting on the field in 2020 is a win.  22 wouldn't necessarily guarantee a red/red by the way.  

That doesnt mean Frost always looks at things logically. H seems to be more shoot first ask questions later type.

Plus its not the coaches call, its the AD's call.

If Wisconsin saw the writing on the walls and cancelled because they knew there were others who could get Nebraska players sick, then I commend the move.

Wisconsin is a petri dish and while I am pissed the game got cancelled, that was clearly the right move with how many additional positives have come out of that program.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I'm not going to be as critical of Wisconsin as others on this board, because people can do their best to not catch the virus, and still get it.  It's annoying, but it still happens. 

I agree with this.  But I do find it ... interesting? ... ironic? ... something?  ... that Madison - as I understand it - is probably towards the end of the scale with being more strict on prevention measures yet they seem to be having more trouble than anyone else.

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I agree with this.  But I do find it ... interesting? ... ironic? ... something?  ... that Madison - as I understand it - is probably towards the end of the scale with being more strict on prevention measures yet they seem to be having more trouble than anyone else.

Meh, college kids aren't known for their level headed altruistic decision making skills

• Plus1 4

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

True.  But unless I am mistaken there are also college kids in 13 other B1G cities plus dozens of others around the country.

This is where I'm at. All the players on all these teams are the same age, go to bars, and many live in pretty well-populated areas.

I think there's a good argument that the Big Ten needs to look into Wisconsin's preparedness for all this. If everyone else can pull it off, then we have questions. 

Then again, if most teams have to shut down for a couple/few weeks, then it's just a crummy situation.

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

I'm guessing a lot on their team felt like they weren't going to get it since they had already gone through a team outbreak previously.  Those kids probably weren't taking many precautions.  I know there are a lot of adults in society that are similar right now.  Could also have something to do with a freshman QB leading the party charge lol.   

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Ulty said:

Wow. You've really given us something to think about. After reading this thoughtful post, I need some time to re-evaluate my thoughts and expectations as a Husker fan and as a human being. Hopefully others will read this and take it as seriously as I have. Your insight truly has the power to change some minds and hearts. Thank you for joining this board so you could share your wisdom.

Now f#ck off.

I wanted to give this 4 :lol:, 3 trophies and few more extra +1's. Damn this software.

• Plus1 1
53 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I thought Wisconsin had one of the worst COVID numbers in the country in the past couple months, in terms of daily increases in positive cases (growth % compared to rest of country).

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Calm down there, tiger.

Ok, I apologize.  I reread my post and I realize it was clearly over the top and unfair. I let my emotions midday get the best of me and I posted on your forum.

I hope though that you can all understand the disappointment and frustration from a Wisconsin fan's point of view. 

We were ranked #9 in the country.  We have a top flight defense and finally had a quarterback that appears to be among the best in the nation.  We completely destroyed an Illinois team at the start of the season.

Now, we have been forced to cancel both the Nebraska game and the Purdue game due to this virus. We are on the edge.  If we have to cancel one more game our season will be over, regardless of how well we play. Although it was a long shot, this team actually had outside chance of making the college football playoff.

I think it bothers everybody from Wisconsin  (fans, players, and coaches) when we hear insinuations from other teams that WI was using the coronavirus to somehow avoid playing them.

Nobody is being hurt worse by this virus than the Wisconsin team right now.  You guys may have lost a game, but Wisconsin is probably going to lose their season.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Seems like they cancelled early knowing they were going to eventually hit red/red and did it to start their clock but also give Nebraska a chance to find another opponent.

So Wiscy must have been one of the few schools that voted to allow the Huskers to play against Chattanooga? If I could find proof of this, I'd no longer consider Wisky to be such a steaming pile of dung.

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, fizbin said:

Ok, I apologize.  I reread my post and I realize it was clearly over the top and unfair. I let my emotions midday get the best of me and I posted on your forum.

I hope though that you can all understand the disappointment and frustration from a Wisconsin fan's point of view. 

We were ranked #9 in the country.  We have a top flight defense and finally had a quarterback that appears to be among the best in the nation.  We completely destroyed an Illinois team at the start of the season.

Now, we have been forced to cancel both the Nebraska game and the Purdue game due to this virus. We are on the edge.  If we have to cancel one more game our season will be over, regardless of how well we play. Although it was a long shot, this team actually had outside chance of making the college football playoff.

I think it bothers everybody from Wisconsin  (fans, players, and coaches) when we hear insinuations from other teams that WI was using the coronavirus to somehow avoid playing them.

Nobody is being hurt worse by this virus than the Wisconsin team right now.  You guys may have lost a game, but Wisconsin is probably going to lose their season.

I would be very frustrated as a Wisconsin fan as well.  However, please keep in mind looking good against Illinois appears to be something that 90% of power 5 teams would have done.  Purdue's QB went 29/35 for 376 yards and 2 TDs against Illinois after a mediocre 2 INT game against an Iowa team that doesn't look nearly as good as in years past. 

• Plus1 3
11 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I thought Wisconsin had one of the worst COVID numbers in the country in the past couple months, in terms of daily increases in positive cases (growth % compared to rest of country).

Quite possibly.

But their Emergency Order #9  has been in place since September 1st.  Masks have been required when around anyone you don't live with.  Businesses at 50% capacity.  Restaurants at 25% capacity.  No indoor gatherings of more than 10 people.  And I think they've been toward the more-restrictive end for longer than that.

• Plus1 2
23 minutes ago, fizbin said:

Totally understand. We were as frustrated as you guys last week. I can only imagine how frustrated you are after canceling two games.