Wisconsin Game Cancelled

1 minute ago, talaricohusker said:

Oh I know man not calling you out or anything just super frustrating and they should know better

It's all good.  Sounds like Wisconsin has been pretty irresponsible throughout this whole pandemic.  They had a large outbreak a few weeks ago, which delayed the re-start for the rest of the conference, and now this.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Against Illinois every time they showed Chryst on the sidelines he had his mask on but I just remember thinking 'put your damn mask on'  as each time they showed him it was pulled below his nose and he didn't seem to mind.  

Freakin Wisconsin.   

Frost had his down a lot too, and it's much more likely to have spread during meetings than the game itself. I'm not happy the game is cancelled either, but IMO it's pretty ridiculous to jump to conclusions about how/why it spread and insist on a forfeit. I don't want a consolation prize 'W,' and we're putting the cart way in front of the horse talking about implications on the division seeding.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

12 minutes ago, talaricohusker said:

Doesn’t matter. I’m pretty sure Coach Frost told his team in the beginning of this that of you want to play keep each other in check don’t go to parties and large gatherings. If you don’t want to play by all mean go do those thing and cancel football for the other 100 guys who worked hard to play. Agin it’s all about being selfish and Paul Cryst should know better as a head coach of a D-1 football program 

Personal responsibility is great and I agree, but you can be as responsible as possible and this stuff can still find its way in.  That's how pandemics work and why trying to play sports in one without any spread was never realistic, even with the best intentions. One of your equipment managers gets takeout from Chipolte and pulls his mask down in line for a second and spreads it to three players as he's passing out laundry, and you've got an outbreak going. Wisconsin could have been irresponsible or they just could have gotten unlucky. We don't know so it seems uncharitable to judge when the same thing could happen to us.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

I understand the game just goes down as cancelled, but wouldnt it behoove the conference to put teams feet to the fire a bit and if after investigating they found your teams lack of following procedure caused this and therefore it must be counted as a forfeit?

I understand crap happens but the fact 12 people got it when no one had it on Friday when they tested makes me think they werent following procedure. 

This kind of crap is what will get the season cancelled. 

Hopefully no one from Illinois got it since they had close contact. 

Curious if Wisconsin can play any of their next 2 games with the 21 day policy. Clearly they wont have their Starting QB, 3rd strong QB and coach if the 21 day policy holds. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
26 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I don't see what good a forfeit does. The game won't be played, what makes people feel better about counting it as a win? We didn't win, and number of wins doesn't matter for bowls this year if they happen. Sucks to not play, but it doesn't suck any less if we claim we "won" a game that didn't happen. 

It counts as a win because they are a division foe; they shouldn't be rewarded with a potential division title for ****ing up and not being able to keep their house in order. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I understand the game just goes down as cancelled, but wouldnt it behoove the conference to put teams feet to the fire a bit and if after investigating they found your teams lack of following procedure caused this and therefore it must be counted as a forfeit?

I understand crap happens but the fact 12 people got it when no one had it on Friday when they tested makes me think they werent following procedure. 

This kind of crap is what will get the season cancelled. 

Hopefully no one from Illinois got it since they had close contact. 

Curious if Wisconsin can play any of their next 2 games with the 21 day policy. Clearly they wont have their Starting QB, 3rd strong QB and coach if the 21 day policy holds. 

Coaches only have to sit out ten days. So Chryst will be available for their next game.

• Plus1 1