Suspensions

Warrior

1 hour ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Wishful thinking, but the BIG Leadership wants to stick it to Nebraska so they will never do anything to favor our program as long as Kevin Warren is at the helm. 

Good thing Kevin Warren can't help himself from tripping over his own feet.  Guy has a shelf life of 18 months as commish, max.

His display of leadership prior to the season was borderline nonexistent, the charge of no football based off the decision of MAC officials strikes me as a sheep move following the herd, and then the bright idea to move forward with a 9 game schedule in 9 weeks, when literally every single state in the big10 is through the roof covid wise... wtf else does this guy need to do to prove he's not cut out of the job and has by far the weakest credibility of all P5 confs...

Only a matter of time before he negotiates a crap TV deal and ruin the one good thing this conf has going for it which is the TV revenue

• Plus1 2

3 hours ago, gossamorharpy said:

Good thing Kevin Warren can't help himself from tripping over his own feet.  Guy has a shelf life of 18 months as commish, max.

His display of leadership prior to the season was borderline nonexistent, the charge of no football based off the decision of MAC officials strikes me as a sheep move following the herd, and then the bright idea to move forward with a 9 game schedule in 9 weeks, when literally every single state in the big10 is through the roof covid wise... wtf else does this guy need to do to prove he's not cut out of the job and has by far the weakest credibility of all P5 confs...

Only a matter of time before he negotiates a crap TV deal and ruin the one good thing this conf has going for it which is the TV revenue

Yes and there was ample time to have started the season on October 10 to enable a couple weeks for makeup potential. Even starting October 17 would have given 1 week as a makeup date.  

• Plus1 4
9 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Yes and there was ample time to have started the season on October 10 to enable a couple weeks for makeup potential. Even starting October 17 would have given 1 week as a makeup date.  

I agree that the season should have started earlier, and one of the schools which needed more time to prepare for the season was Wisconsin, due to outbreaks in September.

• Plus1 1
28 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

They also could have considered a division only format and do the seeding from there.  I get they wanted to try and get 9 games, but, realistically speaking, that goal was only for the benefit of Ohio state for their playoff odds... Teams are making close nil with home games relative to before.... Just minimal thought put into a worst case scenario.... while I'm pulling for ohio state to take it all as im tired of the SEC+Clemson dominance, a growing part of me wants to see the tomato on big10 leadership face if OSU only gets in 6-7 games this year and misses out on the playoff as a result

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, gossamorharpy said:

The only solace I can take out of Warren's 'leadership' is he's screwed this thing up so badly there isn't a snowball's chance in hell he'll get the NFL commish now once Goddell leaves.