Wisconsin sucks, who can we schedule?

Cdog923

1 hour ago, Young Grand Island Husker said:

We already made a deal with chattanooga. We are just waiting for the big ten to approve. We would pay Chattanooga 200,000. There is an opening on BTN for a night game. Seems like this might just happen.

200,000  lol. That’s like mid 80’s type money. 

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I'd love to be wrong but I don't see the B1G accepting any other teams Covid protocols or doing anything to benefit Nebraska in any way. They'll quadruple down on the stupid first.

If it were Army, I would argue they have been more stringent. That being said the Husker fan in me wants no part of my alma mater at this point. 3 days to prep for a really good triple option attack, no thanks. On the other hand, I would get to celebrate either way so I can drink happy.....

• Plus1 2
5 hours ago, caveman99 said:

If it were Army, I would argue they have been more stringent. That being said the Husker fan in me wants no part of my alma mater at this point. 3 days to prep for a really good triple option attack, no thanks. On the other hand, I would get to celebrate either way so I can drink happy.....

It would probably be the easiest game to prepare for tho to be honest.  If they primarily line up in the same formation to run triple option it is pretty much assignment football.  you have dive, you have qb, you have the pitch.  

Just now, gobiggergoredder said:

I don’t understand how a team would get paid. There are no fans, no concessions, blah blah.

who pays for the travel, meals, lodging, testing?

itd have to be another program that needs to play.  I just don’t see how this happens.

Maybe nebraska would just pay for the travel expenses and testing.  That way its just a no cost trip for Chat.

9 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Callahan just made it sound like they are really trying to figure something out.  

He said it’s not SDSU or UT-Chat

If i had to guess it would be either NDSU (no thank you!) Marshall, or UMass. UMass has been playing impromptu emergency games all year along and needs the money. This seems like a win for both parties.

34 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

If i had to guess it would be either NDSU (no thank you!) Marshall, or UMass. UMass has been playing impromptu emergency games all year along and needs the money. This seems like a win for both parties.

UMass be kidding. :lol:

I'll see myself out...

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
2 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I can't believe in any universe the Big Ten would approve a game that would bring in any old team not following the same protocols.  Pack it in folks.

I'd have to agree.  Today is Thursday, tomorrow would be a walk through.  There is literally not enough time left between now and Saturday to make it happen.  

And the idea of playing on Sunday would be dumb.  No way would a responsible coach take one day away from Northwestern week to squeeze in a game that would amount to nothing more than a scrimmage.

NU would be best served at this point to rest up and prepare to take out frustrations on NW.

I don't know if Nebraska really pushed hard to have a non-con game this weekend, or what response the Big Ten gave to that request. If we don't hear something in the next few hours (this is Thursday AM as I type this), no hastily cobbled-together game gets played. Even if announced right now, it would be a logistic miracle. 

But here's the thing. The Big Ten may need non-con games coming up. If they legit want to put either Wisconsin or Ohio State in the playoff, and there are too many outbreaks, these teams aren't going to have enough games to qualify. So they're going to need to be open to scheduling a non-con or two in order to fulfill their requirements.

Unless the goal is to just never play the season at all, and wrap it up in a week or two with a few more teams with uncontrollable spread.