Wisconsin sucks, who can we schedule?

Cdog923

37 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I'd have to agree.  Today is Thursday, tomorrow would be a walk through.  There is literally not enough time left between now and Saturday to make it happen.  

And the idea of playing on Sunday would be dumb.  No way would a responsible coach take one day away from Northwestern week to squeeze in a game that would amount to nothing more than a scrimmage.

NU would be best served at this point to rest up and prepare to take out frustrations on NW.

Maybe you're right, but I get the feeling Frost/Moos would take that Sunday game in a heartbeat

2 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I don’t understand how a team would get paid. There are no fans, no concessions, blah blah.

who pays for the travel, meals, lodging, testing?

itd have to be another program that needs to play.  I just don’t see how this happens.

Just TV revenues, I guess? Any programming is better than no programming.

1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

That was my thinking as well.  I am sure NU had pre-approval to schedule non-con games if cancellations occurred, and NU had a short list of potential opponents.

I 100% think we'd have gone down this road knowing the conference likely wouldn't approve it. It's pretty crazy to not approve it given that UTC has been tested and agreed, so it's just another case to bring up nationally about how poorly the Big Ten leadership has handled everything. I'm sure we hoped they would approve it, but I'm also sure we don't mind extra eyes on the Big Ten botching things.