Nebraska vs UT-Chattanooga (maybe) Updated: Nope

It will be amazing if they were to pull this off!  (edit: I mean "amazing" in the sense that I don't think it is possible to make this happen, not that I would find it "amazing" to watch.)

This would be an interesting game just because it would amount to playground football.  It could go from pretty vanilla to all kind of gimmicks as I'd assume the prep time would be basically zero.

Nebraska's talent vs UTC talent.  

If, IF, Nebraska were to lose that game.....oh boy....

• Haha 1

Honestly it doesn't make sense to let us play them if you're the B1G. There's no control over that program as far as testing and standards. You risk losing another team for a week or two because of an infection. They are coming from a different region. Lost of downside for a little up.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

• seaofred92 changed the title to Nebraska vs UT-Chattanooga (maybe) Updated: Nope

I think the real play was to force the big 10 to say "no" again.  By doing so, Nebraska puts themselves in an interesting position with the B1G. 4d chess or simple frustrated defiance? 

Thinking beyond the current power 5 structure? Is the separation of power 5 football and the NCAA near?

How does this help Nebraska? The odds of it actually happening were very slim so there has to be another reason.

• Plus1 2

I think everyone is putting a little too much on prep time.  Pretty much every school plays a spread offense.  Guys should know how to line up by now.  Checks to motions are probably the same.  most of the prep can be done on their Ipads just getting down tendencies on down and distance.  Pick out their top 5 plays and get mental reps against them and what the overall game plan is.

10 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Honestly it doesn't make sense to let us play them if you're the B1G. There's no control over that program as far as testing and standards. You risk losing another team for a week or two because of an infection. They are coming from a different region. Lost of downside for a little up.

Well it is content for the Big Ten Network to fill air time. Also sets a precedent for future weeks should a team need games to qualify for a high postseason position (*ahem* Ohio State). 

As to the testing, run UTC players through the same tests prior to the game and pull any positives.