Nebraska vs UT-Chattanooga (maybe) Updated: Nope

Just now, teachercd said:

Never had a problem with Texas.  I get what you are saying, I do and I understand it.

But no one cares about the anything the conference has to offer except for sports/money.  The only conference that matters in terms of education is the Ivy League.

No one goes "Ohhhhhh, you graduated from a Big Ten school". They might say "Dang, you went to Northwestern, that is a badass academic institution YOU'RE A F'ING NERD, BRO!". 

fixed it

• Haha 2

Warren is putting himself in a bad position this guy has zero ability to see more than an inch in front of his nose. WHEN Ohio State gets games canceled and they need to build there resume for the playoff he's screwed. Either he says no to them like he did to Nebraska and gets fired or looks like a hypocrite when he lets them schedule a non conference opponent. The only good news is Warren won't be around long.

• Thanks 1

This s#!t is maddening. 

Playing UTC seems like a no brainer for all parties. I hope this decision comes back to bite the Big 10 in the a$$ later this season. I hope Ohio State has multiple games cancelled and gets left out of the CFP as a result. 

At the beginning of the season I thought the bellyaching over Kevin Warren and the Big 10 was, perhaps, a little overblown, but these last several days have been an absolute s#!t show. 

f#&% this conference. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

In all of my work experience, I have been told that leaders are pro-active and creative to finding solutions to obstacles.  At nearly every point in the past few months, the Nebraska leaders have shown to be pro-active and creative, while the Big Ten leaders have shown to be reactionary and "stuck in their ways".  Their actions have been the exact opposite of strong leadership.

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

In all of my work experience, I have been told that leaders are pro-active and creative to finding solutions to obstacles.  At nearly every point in the past few months, the Nebraska leaders have shown to be pro-active and creative, while the Big Ten leaders have shown to be reactionary and "stuck in their ways".  Their actions have been the exact opposite of strong leadership.

If the council of presidents voted this down, then my questions is.....Kevin Warren, 

OffEJTR.gif

I mean is Warren counting on 14 university presidents (most of which have little to do with their athletic departments, and all of which have 1,000,000 other things on their plate right now) to make a minor decision involving Nebraska filling an empty spot on their schedule. Does Warren poll the council of presidents when he orders his morning coffee? Yo, Warren, just tell them as commissioner you decided to let Nebraska fill their Saturday opening and both teams will abide by B1G protocols. Just like every other game this week.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1

I have no idea as to how it would benefit the B1G to be against Nebraska's success in football.  We are, despite Hawkeye fan objections, a premium football brand.  It would greatly benefit the entire conference if we rose to a perennial top 10 or even 20 team.  I have no doubt that we're headed that direction and that SF will take us there.  He's sacrificed the first couple of years of his tenure in terms of instant success, in order to build a stronger foundation for much bigger success down the road.

However, it's getting more and more difficult to look past some of these things.