Nebraska vs UT-Chattanooga (maybe) Updated: Nope

1 hour ago, Ulty said:

What if they just played a good old fashioned pick-up game? You know, those Chattanooga boys just happened to be in the neighborhood, we asked them if they wanted to toss the ball around, then a couple of refs and a camera crew show up, one thing leads to another...

Yes- Call it a protest with pads on

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 307husker said:

I have no idea as to how it would benefit the B1G to be against Nebraska's success in football.  We are, despite Hawkeye fan objections, a premium football brand.  It would greatly benefit the entire conference if we rose to a perennial top 10 or even 20 team.  I have no doubt that we're headed that direction and that SF will take us there.  He's sacrificed the first couple of years of his tenure in terms of instant success, in order to build a stronger foundation for much bigger success down the road.

However, it's getting more and more difficult to look past some of these things.

People do things in all walks of life that defy logic. Self destructive. Its like a bad marriage. I feel like the big ten is resentful of Nebraska and treating us as such.

45 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

Warren is putting himself in a bad position this guy has zero ability to see more than an inch in front of his nose. WHEN Ohio State gets games canceled and they need to build there resume for the playoff he's screwed. Either he says no to them like he did to Nebraska and gets fired or looks like a hypocrite when he lets them schedule a non conference opponent. The only good news is Warren won't be around long.

Reports are that there was a vote, so Warren didn't make this decision. But swap in the B1G presidents instead of Warren, and I agree.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Reports are that there was a vote, so Warren didn't make this decision. But swap in the B1G presidents instead of Warren, and I agree.

Yeah, but vote or no vote (I am sure there was a vote), he is the head of the conference so he gets the beatings.  That is just how it goes.

17 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I would guess if there was a true vote- I think Ohio State would have voted in our favor. I think we gained respect for eachother through this.

i checked fan reaction n the michigan forum, wisconsin forum, and ohio state forum.  the michigan and wiscon fans want to kick us out.  ohio state fans want to leave with us

s

• Plus1 2
11 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I would guess if there was a true vote- I think Ohio State would have voted in our favor. I think we gained respect for eachother through this.

Ryan Day commented today that NU should have been allowed to play UTC, and is making a lot of pro-NU and pro-Scott Frost comments.  I am liking Day and Ohio State more and more.

• Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, commando said:

i checked fan reaction n the michigan gotum, wisconsin gotum, and ohio state forum.  the michigan and wiscon fans want to kick us out.  ohio state fans want to leave with us

s

I think that is telling. It is one thing if it is just Nebraska- because one could argue we are just bitter because we suck and not getting our way. But when the top team in the conference, who gets all the breaks. Thinks the Big Ten is whack- that adds some "Cache" as Desmond would say. chuckleshuffle

6 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Ryan Day commented today that NU should have been allowed to play UTC, and is making a lot of pro-NU and pro-Scott Frost comments.  I am liking Day and Ohio State more and more.

I am, too. Day is really classy and displays excellent sportsmanship IMO.

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I agree. It’s hard to root against OSU when they seem like the only friend we have in the conference.