Nebraska vs UT-Chattanooga (maybe) Updated: Nope

7 minutes ago, Saunders said:

Ignoring the fact that Chattanooga has done a better job of controlling it than Wisconsin... If we're worried about spread, then the Badgers won't be allowed to play for 21 days, right?

Nope!

See, if you quit on a game...you only have to not practice for a week and then you can play again.  It the conference has to make you quit a game, then you are out for 21 days.

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Nope!

See, if you quit on a game...you only have to not practice for a week and then you can play again.  It the conference has to make you quit a game, then you are out for 21 days.

Pretty sure Red/Red is still stop for a week and reevaluate. Individual players are 21 days, the longest mandated team stoppage is 7 days. Obviously could be longer if they're still Red/Red as they go through the stoppage, but I think it's extended daily not as additional weeks. 

• Plus1 1
31 minutes ago, Saunders said:

Ignoring the fact that Chattanooga has done a better job of controlling it than Wisconsin... If we're worried about spread, then the Badgers won't be allowed to play for 21 days, right?

It would be 7-14 days if we're worried about spread. Depends on how well other measures like isolation work during that time. The 21 days is for individual players because of the perceived risk to the heart for athletes.

Just now, RedDenver said:

It would be 7-14 days if we're worried about spread. Depends on how well other measures like isolation work during that time. The 21 days is for individual players because of the perceived risk to the heart for athletes.

wisconsin is working to get that 21 day shut down for players overturned.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

makes sense since the scientific evidence is mounting that the risk to athletes' heart is minimal

Nebraska and other teams should be pushing for this as well.

Did Wisconsin push for this before or after their starting QB and backup QB just tested positive. Asking for a friend? 

Wait- I thought a big reason for the Big Ten shutdown was because of the heart risk. Not so much COVID for this age group. So if the heart issue is not a big risk anymore and COVID does not pose much of a risk to college age kids. Tell me why again Wisconsin is not playing this weekend?

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 2
2 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Did Wisconsin push for this before or after their starting QB and backup QB just tested positive. Asking for a friend? 

Wait- I thought a big reason for the Big Ten shutdown was because of the heart risk. Not so much COVID for this age group. So if the heart issue is not a big risk anymore and COVID does not pose much of a risk to college age kids. Tell me why again Wisconsin is not playing this weekend?

They did not...they started to push for it yesterday, I think.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I don't know. I think Wisconsin is the first team to have players out, so it makes sense they're the first school to want to change the 21 days. If Nebraska was in the same boat, I'd expect they'd also want to the change the 21 days.

3 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

The heart risk going down does not mean the virus has no risks anymore. The players can spread the virus to the rest of the team including coaches, trainers, support staff as well as to other students and to the community at large.

Wisconsin chose to not play, so you should go look at their press conferences and statements for the reason.

Maybe this is an unpopular opinion, but I'm not really sure how I feel about it all at this point. On one hand, I understand Nebraska's perspective and hopes. Fight for the players, fight for a season. They've done nothing wrong and have worked their butts off. University leaders and coaches are just doing what they can to try to play.

On the other hand, I think the conference made it pretty clear from the beginning that there weren't going to be opportunities to play teams outside of the set schedule. There's also virtually no wiggle room built into the schedule. So, at this point, it also feels like Nebraska's being a pain in the a$$ just to be a pain in the a$$, and I don't fully agree with the point of it.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1