Nebraska vs UT-Chattanooga (maybe) Updated: Nope

12 minutes ago, TcFlint said:

Time for Nebraska to move on!  Michigan fan here tired of the whining & crying by Frost.your President. Chancellor  and players during the Big Ten.  We made a huge huge mistake by not taking Missouri over Nebraska!!!

Michigan fan?  I am surprised you can see us with your nose so hi in the air?  TcFlint?  How is the water?

19 minutes ago, TcFlint said:

Time for Nebraska to move on!  Michigan fan here tired of the whining & crying by Frost.your President. Chancellor  and players during the Big Ten.  We made a huge huge mistake by not taking Missouri over Nebraska!!!

Flint. I recommend you stop drinking the water up there. 

By the way, its Yuuge 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TcFlint said:

Maybe worry about beating your rival and stopping your coach from having sleepover with minors before you worry about Nebraska 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, TcFlint said:

You could have just stopped at the bolder part. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, TcFlint said:

tenor.gif?itemid=11759789

You're are clearly one of the many Michigan "fans" who didn't actually attend Michigan and probably roots for Central, Eastern, or MSU whenever it suits you.

2 hours ago, TcFlint said:

So in this scenario you're the ex-girlfriend who drives across town and beats on a guy's door at 2am, yelling with insistence that he move on and get over you?

• Haha 4
7 hours ago, 307husker said:

I think the real play was to force the big 10 to say "no" again.  By doing so, Nebraska puts themselves in an interesting position with the B1G. 4d chess or simple frustrated defiance? 

Thinking beyond the current power 5 structure? Is the separation of power 5 football and the NCAA near?

How does this help Nebraska? The odds of it actually happening were very slim so there has to be another reason.

I think it sets a precedent.  If it affects Michigan or Ohio State down the road in getting another game to qualify for the playoff they better be consistent.  If OSU loses a game or two and they allow them to play Akron or Kent St. as an example, Nebraska has a case that they can lawyer up.  It also might mean Warren is back in the NFL if that came to pass.  I also think it shows you are fighting for the players to play.  We all know having no visits is a big negative to this program that has to recruit nationally.

3 minutes ago, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

I think it sets a precedent.  If it affects Michigan or Ohio State down the road in getting another game to qualify for the playoff they better be consistent.  If OSU loses a game or two and they allow them to play Akron or Kent St. as an example, Nebraska has a case that they can lawyer up.  It also might mean Warren is back in the NFL if that came to pass.

If we stop recruiting TE is it a sign we’re jumping conferences? 

6 hours ago, Enhance said:

They didn't explicitly say 'you can't schedule games on your own if games are cancelled due to COVID' but they did label it as an "eight-game conference only schedule."

I don't necessarily disagree with the short-sighted nature of it all. It is short-sighted from one perspective. But, given the Big 10's consternation about having a season and getting protocols set up just to handle a conference season, it makes 100% sense that they would deny something like this. In fact... it kinda feels like a no-brainer to me, which is why I don't really side with the university on this one.

Maybe it's just one of those things... like what's the worse they can say? No? But perhaps Nebraska felt like they had to ask the question anyways? I don't know. I don't hate it but I don't love it either.

I sort of agree that it was a no-brainer. Everyone with a pulse knew they would deny the request. But I think the question had to be asked and answered. Imagine what happens if it was not Nebraska asking in week two of the season but rather tOSU or Wisconsin in week 6. I’m not convinced the answer would’ve been the same in that circumstance. Now it has to be. So, pain in the a$$ or not, Nebraska took another one for what is right.

• Plus1 3
8 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Ryan Day commented today that NU should have been allowed to play UTC, and is making a lot of pro-NU and pro-Scott Frost comments.  I am liking Day and Ohio State more and more.

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state/board/120/Contents/ryan-day-felt-huskers-should-have-had-chance-to-play-153822358/

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state/board/120/Contents/nebraska-is-getting-hosed-here-153810266/

.... and some more Bucknuts forum threads

• Plus1 1