Nebraska vs UT-Chattanooga (maybe) Updated: Nope

4 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

So technically Nebraska could still play Wisconsin this weekend with Wisconsin having 12 cases of COVID, if Wisconsin didn't decide to cancel. But we can't play UTC who has zero cases?

Also: B1G Network keeps that time slot filled, UTC makes money, Nebraska gets to play a game. What the hell am I missing?

You forgot to add Kevin Warren's ego. It's ok, silly mistake.

5 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Sam Mckewon brings up a great point. All the news has been dropped by UTC and Nebraska beat writers. How about releasing a statement B1G? Absolutely no effort to own any of their decisions. 

They still haven't said anything about Wisconsin's deciding ON THEIR OWN to cancel this weekend's game. 

11 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Amen...I have never liked the conference switch (it was clearly done for the right reasons but the end result is that nothing really was "blown up" and there was not this crazy chaos of everyone leaving conferences)

The University switched conferences. Not just the football team. Making a switch solely based on football isn't what smart universities do.

And maybe you forgot......Texas? 

• Plus1 1

So the Big Comish wants the power to determine IF we play the season, IF there is wiggle room, If we can play non-con games, and when the altered season begins........BUT, you voluntarily forfeit the right to make the final decision IF a school is not in the red, but mired in the orange, and let individuals with varying personal agendas (AD's, coaches, chancellors, etc.) call a game with NO consequences? If the conference makes the call, fine......it's a no-contest, but if an eligible school decides.......shouldn't that come with a Loss attached. 

I'll continue to believe that Warren will go down as one of the least prepared, least effective, least transparent and least flexible individuals to EVER hold the title of a major conference commissioner. As the face of this conference, he bears the responsibility for the national laughing stock the BIG has become. Pass the hat and fire this arrogant imposter.

• Plus1 6
2 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

The University switched conferences. Not just the football team. Making a switch solely based on football isn't what smart universities do.

And maybe you forgot......Texas? 

Never had a problem with Texas.  I get what you are saying, I do and I understand it.

But no one cares about the anything the conference has to offer except for sports/money.  The only conference that matters in terms of education is the Ivy League.

No one goes "Ohhhhhh, you graduated from a Big Ten school". They might say "Dang, you went to Northwestern, that is a badass academic institution". 

• Plus1 2
Just now, teachercd said:

Never had a problem with Texas.  I get what you are saying, I do and I understand it.

But no one cares about the anything the conference has to offer except for sports/money.  The only conference that matters in terms of education is the Ivy League.

No one goes "Ohhhhhh, you graduated from a Big Ten school". They might say "Dang, you went to Northwestern, that is a badass academic institution". 

To add, Nebraska has declined in rankings as an academic institution since joining the B1G. 

• Haha 1