Ronald Thompkins

Mills is a solid RB, but not explosive and with this offense you need at least one explosive back. I don't think you can write off Scott at all yet he's a freshmen in a weird season. Johnson is strange to me, in his limited game time this year he seems like he has great speed, can catch and hits holes well. Maybe his blocking isn't where it needs to be? Thompkins is injured, but man you can see the potential there. I think Morrison has been injured as well and is a freshmen so it's just a tough year for this group. I think at least one of these guys could emerge next year.

@Huskers93-97 They're definitely there.... Wandale is most certainly explosive, LMC has had a few explosive plays, 2AM is def a playmaker in the right circumstances... Z betts has had flashes and pumped to see his future play out.

I definitely agree, wanna see more of these types of plays- but I feel like the lack of seeing them is more of a by product of our baffling offensive strategy that is allowing opposing teams to stack the box and essentially keep the whole play in front of them by staying within 10 yards of the LOS.  Given our horrendous o line play, we're not gonna see many explosive plays where we dont have a consistent, snap and pocket presence to allow more downfield routes to develop as they should. 

I dunno if it was one of the pressers today or what, but thought I'd heard Thompkins was just banged up. Wouldn't be shocked if a few of the 'injuries' were Covid, but sounds like a lot of the team had it prior to the season and has been super locked down during. Sounds like it's really been a struggle to find 2 healthy RBs for each game. 

@LumberJackSker I agree that the RB production has been lacking.  But you have to remember that basically the guys Held has recruited are only RS freshmen.  They snagged a heck of a talent in Washington late in the 2018 class.  But the 2019 class was their first full class which has two guys who have contributed already in Thompkins and Johnson.  Then true freshman Scott has also contributed.  All while playing musical chairs around injuries and defections.  So I think the grade is pretty incomplete at the moment but seems to be heading the right way.  The cupboard was pretty bare when they got here.

• Plus1 1