Nebraska/Ohio State New Conference

F*** them all. How about Nebraska and Ohio State get together and start their own conference. Screw joining some other s#!t show. Reach out to Oklahoma, Kansas, Kansas State and a handful of other schools and start out as a small conference 8-10 schools. Set things up the way we want it. No whiny, baby schools allowed. Expand when we can get good brands and schools that want to be team players. IE no schools like Michigan and Texas allowed.

Now this would show some real balls.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

F*** them all. How about Nebraska and Ohio State get together and start their own conference. Screw joining some other s#!t show. Reach out to Oklahoma, Kansas, Kansas State and a handful of other schools and start out as a small conference 8-10 schools. Set things up the way we want it. No whiny, baby schools allowed. Expand when we can get good brands and schools that want to be team players. IE no schools like Michigan and Texas allowed.

Good lord. 

This cant be real, can it?

3 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

s#!t, I didn't even know they had colleges for babies! 

59 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

The bad thing about Super Conferences is many of those teams will lose nearly every game they play. I'd rather have 8 conferences with the 8 winners in the playoff. 

I think four 16-team conferences is workable.  It's not a lot different than the five conferences now and would allow for more uniformity in scheduling.  

That would be 64 teams total and I think there are 65 teams in the Power 5 plus Notre Dame.  So someone (probably the Big XII) dissolves and their teams get spread around.  I'd still be a fan of an eight team playoff (four conference champions and four wild cards) under that scenario but you could make a argument that the CCGs are the quarterfinals and just take the four conference champions.

That's a lot cleaner than have five conferences fight for four playoff spots so one is definitely getting left out and possibly two.