Husker Get Grad Transfer ILB from Northern Iowa

Mavric

5 minutes ago, man eating mastodon said:

Not sure this is the best option to get Nebraska competing with the Ohio State's and Wisconsinites but whatever. 

Do have a reason for that thought.?Serious question, not attacking. I am not sure. I do know that UNI is a pretty good program with great coaches. We have hit the jackpot with a handful of juco lbs but also have struck out. He appears to be the type of player Iowa and Wisconsin would put on the field against us.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, HANC said:

Do have a reason for that thought.?Serious question, not attacking. I am not sure. I do know that UNI is a pretty good program with great coaches. We have hit the jackpot with a handful of juco lbs but also have struck out. He appears to be the type of player Iowa and Wisconsin would put on the field against us.

I feel that if Nebraska wants to compete with the big boys picking up fcs players isn't going to get it done. I hope I'm wrong but this is probably a special teams guy 

13 minutes ago, man eating mastodon said:

I feel that if Nebraska wants to compete with the big boys picking up fcs players isn't going to get it done. I hope I'm wrong but this is probably a special teams guy 

The number of FCS guys getting drafted each year should probably say that the best of them can be very productive at higher levels.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
Just now, Mavric said:

The number of FCS guys getting drafted each year should probably say that the best of them can be very productive at higher levels.

I view FCS guys much like JUCO guys in terms of potential, but for different reasons. Who knows why a guy drops to FCS out of high school, but they probably have developed into quality players and the best FCS players are good enough to be rotation players at FBS schools.

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, man eating mastodon said:

Not sure this is the best option to get Nebraska competing with the Ohio State's and Wisconsinites but whatever. 

Have you actually watched any of linebackers in the last couple years? Sometimes I would rather have UNIs whole defense than Nebraska’s. 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, man eating mastodon said:

Well missing bowl games multiple years in a row hasn't attracted the same 5 star talent as the big boys so Nebraska needs to get good players wherever they can.