The Biden Cabinet

Ok, I'm going to count my chickens before they hatch and make the assumption that Biden will soon be choosing his cabinet.

Who would you like to see in his cabinet and at what position? 

I expect to see  Mayor Pete, Sen Amy K, Sen Warren, & Susan Rice,  Sen Tammy Duckworth, Gov Whitmer, Sen Cory Booker, Sen Mark Warner  in the cabinet as well as Atlanta mayor Bottoms and Stacy Abrams in some capacity.    One could look at Obama's cabinet and probably forecast some of those in the Biden cabinet but I'm sure Biden will bring on new people as he would want to have his stamp on the cabinet and the direction of it. 

Here is the list in order of succession to the presidency:

Vice President of the United States  - Kamala Harris

Department of State
Department of the Treasury 
Department of Defense
Department of Justice
Department of the Interior
Department of Agriculture
Department of Commerce
Department of Labor

Department of Health and Human Services

Department of Housing and Urban Development
Department of Transportation
Department of Energy
Department of Education
Department of Veterans Affairs
Department of Homeland Security
The following positions have the status of Cabinet-rank:

White House Chief of Staff

Environmental Protection Agency

Office of Management & Budget
United States Trade Representative
United States Mission to the United Nations
Council of Economic Advisers
Small Business Administration

• Plus1 2

I don't have answers for these specific roles, but I am really looking forward to having these positions filled by people with actual expertise in these areas and people who don't have an agenda to dismantle their own offices. 

Biden won't appoint:

a sec of education who does not support public schools

a sec of energy who wanted to eliminate the office and forgot it even existed during a failed presidential run

an EPA head who hates environmental causes

an attorney general who actively subverts the law

unqualified children

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ulty said:

I don't have answers for these specific roles, but I am really looking forward to having these positions filled by people with actual expertise in these areas and people who don't have an agenda to dismantle their own offices. 

Biden won't appoint:

a sec of energy who wanted to eliminate the office and forgot it even existed during a failed presidential run

unqualified children

Not to mention placing Carson as in doctor Carson over HUD instead of Surgeon General or something related to his medical experience. I could never figure that one out. 

• Plus1 2
46 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Well, signs indicate progressives not getting a role in a Biden admin but Repubs will.

Biden eyes GOP candidates for Cabinet slots

Joe Biden reportedly eyes establishment over progressives for administration

I have my doubts that Biden or anyone associated with him have mentioned potential cabinet appointments to anyone (especially the New York Post) yet.

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

I have my doubts that Biden or anyone associated with him have mentioned potential cabinet appointments to anyone (especially the New York Post) yet.

I'm guessing that Biden's team or his donors are talking to reporters. There's a lot of different sources with similar reporting.

4 hours ago, Ulty said:

Biden won't appoint:

unqualified children

Dangit! I voted for Biden and didn’t allow for the boredom to ensue. Sensible news. People that know what they’re doing. No drunk tweeting at night. No people trying to destroy their office and the government. What was I thinking? :bang

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I'm guessing that Biden's team or his donors are talking to reporters. There's a lot of different sources with similar reporting.

I should rephrase that. I doubt they’ve mentioned it except to stroke certain people that need it at this point. I could see him appointing a couple repubs and also maybe wanting to avoid the left/progressive extremes. But I do have this hang up with the New York Post as a source.  Whenever I see it in print, my mind reads National Enquirer.

https://www.axios.com/biden-transition-plan-election-day-65caa1f6-886e-42cd-b205-5ee8f89941f2.html

If news organizations declare Joe Biden the mathematical president-elect, he plans to address the nation as its new leader, even if President Trump continues to fight in court, advisers tell Axios.

Why it matters: Biden advisers learned the lesson of 2000, when Al Gore hung back while George W. Bush declared victory in that contested election, putting the Democrat on the defensive while Bush acted like the winner.

So if Biden is declared the winner, he'll begin forming his government and looking presidential — and won't yield to doubts Trump might try to sow.

• Biden's schedule for Tuesday includes a clue to this posture: He "will address the nation on Election Night in Wilmington, Delaware."

Biden campaign manager Jen O'Malley Dillon told reporters Monday that even if all the votes aren't counted tonight, the campaign should have "a very good sense of where we're headed":

• "We're not really concerned about what Donald Trump says. ... We're going to use our data, our understanding of where this is headed, and make sure that the vice president is addressing the American people."

To show momentum, Biden may begin transition announcements quickly, starting with senior staff appointments.

• That way, core aides won't have to worry about their own jobs, but will immediately be able to get to work.

Biden plans to adopt what one confidant called "a healing tone," and begin talking about the path forward in battling the coronavirus.

• Look for Biden to embrace science, and talk up the role of Dr. Anthony Fauci, after Trump threatened Sunday to try to fire the trusted official.

From there, the transition would move with unprecedented speed:

• Biden had eight years in the White House, and he's surrounded by aides with decades of government experience.
  • So the transition has made the most thorough agency-by-agency preparations in history, including offices no one's thinking about.

Biden has blueprints for staffing every single agency, and has extensive plans for executive orders, including ones to undo Trump actions.

• Look for Biden to send all-business signals: He won't pack the courts, and is unlikely to push for repeal of the Senate's filibuster rule and its 60-vote requirement anytime soon.
  • Instead, look for Biden to push to pass as much as possible under the banner of budget reconciliation, which requires just a simple majority

•  
  • Thanks 1