The Biden Cabinet

3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah, just like speeding and taking a grape at the grocery store.  But nepotism is not illegal in the private sector.  

You ever speed?

We're not talking about the private sector, so that's an irrelevant attempt at deflecting. Nor are we talking about driving, so another irrelevant attempt at deflecting.

In government work, nepotism is illegal. No matter how you try to worm your way out of it. There's no apologistic "you'd do anything you can to help your kids" in that scenario. 

• Plus1 1

Just now, knapplc said:

We're not talking about the private sector, so that's an irrelevant attempt at deflecting. Nor are we talking about driving, so another irrelevant attempt at deflecting.

In government work, nepotism is illegal. No matter how you try to work your way out of it. There's no apologistic "you'd do anything you can to help your kids" in that scenario. 

I am talking about the private sector.  

Even in the public sector I would do all I could to help out my family, as would you.  

You brought up banks, some of those are privately owned. 

Again, I am not trying to change your mind.  

Years ago, I was on a coaching staff where the DC brought on his kid to coach, really good coach, both of them, but the kid was amazing.  

The district said the son could not get paid (I think his stipend was like 3,000) because of his last name.  So f#&%ing stupid.  

The good news is we went 8-1 that year with our annual loss to Wahoo Neuman. 

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I am talking about the private sector.  

Are you?   

10 hours ago, teachercd said:

So, if you got elected to something and your kids were in politics and had law degrees and Poly Sci degrees and had run for local office and all that...you wold not not put them in charge of government functions?  

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Even in the public sector I would do all I could to help out my family, as would you.  

I wouldn't do anything illegal, that's for sure. If you would, well, that explains why we had the mess we had the last four years, doesn't it?

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Are you?   

I wouldn't do anything illegal, that's for sure. If you would, well, that explains why we had the mess we had the last four years, doesn't it?

Yes, I am, I am talking about all sectors.  I would 100% do anything I could in any sector to help family out.  I am weird that way.

So, you would never do anything illegal?  Ever?  Really?

That is awesome, I totally respect that.  

Just now, teachercd said:

So, you would never do anything illegal?  Ever?  Really?

Funny that this is your go-to purity test whenever someone pushes back on illegal things you'd do. "Never do anything illegal" or "you speed" in the context of the misdemeanors & felonies you're talking about is a disingenuous argument. 

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Funny that this is your go-to purity test whenever someone pushes back on illegal things you'd do. "Never do anything illegal" or "you speed" in the context of the misdemeanors & felonies you're talking about is a disingenuous argument. 

I appreciate you thinking I am funny!  Thanks

You are the one that said you would never do anything illegal,  

• Plus1 1

giving your own kid an entry level job is expected....giving your un qualified kids government jobs requiring top security clearances is not comparable to that.    if your dentist gave his kid a drill and told him to give you a root canal...you might agree that having some qualifications for the job might be a good idea.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, commando said:

giving your own kid an entry level job is expected....giving your un qualified kids government jobs requiring top security clearances is not comparable to that.    if your dentist gave his kid a drill and told him to give you a root canal...you might agree that having some qualifications for the job might be a good idea.

sO yOu NeVeR dO aNyThInG iLlEgAl GoOd To KnOw

• Plus1 1