The Biden Cabinet

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Again What? 

I don’t care at all what some rando’s put in comments sections.  Surprised you put so much stock into them.  

The person Ben referred to is literally a biological man who believes he/she is a female which is what Ben said.  It is scientifically factual.  

I just want to say I really have limited understanding on how people perceive themselves as a gender. Dont care in fact. You want to be a man, be a man. Want to be a woman, be a woman. But let's not forget an important thing here. And that is based on the tweet, Archy and Shapiro don't know the difference between sex and gender. 

And that's factual.

• Plus1 4

18 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

I just want to say I really have limited understanding on how people perceive themselves as a gender. Dont care in fact. You want to be a man, be a man. Want to be a woman, be a woman. But let's not forget an important thing here. And that is based on the tweet, Archy and Shapiro don't know the difference between sex and gender. 

And that's factual.

I think science dictates who is a man and who is women and that there are 2 genders, male and female.  XX XY type of thing.   If someone mentally believes they are something else, that’s another story. 

• Plus1 1

45 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I think science dictates who is a man and who is women and that there are 2 genders, male and female.  XX XY type of thing.   If someone mentally believes they are something else, that’s another story. 

Biological sex has to do with sex chromosomes, and there are more than 2 combinations in nature. Gender has to do with social constructs, like the idea that men should wear pants and like the color blue, women should wear dresses and like the color pink. These have nothing to do with biological sex.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Couple of things are true here:

Tanden acknowledged that her partisan advocacy as CEO of the Center for American Progress had sometimes strayed into personal attacks on senators, especially on Twitter — a fact that Senate Republicans were quick to highlight.

"You wrote that Susan Collins is, quote, 'the worst.' That Tom Cotton is a fraud. That vampires have more heart than Ted Cruz. You called leader McConnell 'Moscow Mitch' and 'Voldemort,'" complained Sen. Rob Portman, R-Ohio. "How do you plan to mend fences and build relationships with members of Congress you have attacked through your public statements?"

1. Tanden should not be the nominee in light of these comments. There are other qualified people without this baggage. Move on.
2. Everything she wrote about Susan Collins, Tom Cotton, Ted Cruz, Mitch McConnell is all true. They're the worst kind of politicians. America should move on from them.
3. It is absolutely HILARIOUS after listing these names ^^^ to ask someone "how are you going to mend fences" with them? As if Collins, Cruz, Cotton, or Moscow Mitch are innocent of fence wrecking. Makes me wonder how they choke these statements out sometimes. 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

3. It is absolutely HILARIOUS after listing these names ^^^ to ask someone "how are you going to mend fences" with them? As if Collins, Cruz, Cotton, or Moscow Mitch are innocent of fence wrecking. Makes me wonder how they choke these statements out sometimes. 

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

That's at least a little misleading. She owns a minority share in a company that her father owns and runs.  She very well might not have any say in what they pay as far as wages and there's an obviously good chance she disagrees with her father on the subject.

• Fire 1
55 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

That's at least a little misleading. She owns a minority share in a company that her father owns and runs.  She very well might not have any say in what they pay as far as wages and there's an obviously good chance she disagrees with her father on the subject.

If she get that strongly about the subject, one would think she would exit her position in the company and put her money into a different venture that pays employees better.  She could also use her current bully pulpit to shame the majority owner (her father) into paying better wages.  Doesn’t seem too misleading to me.  

• Plus1 2