***** Official Election Game Day Thread *****

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

I am just shaking my head at all this talk about voting lines and how tough and inconvenient it is some places. JFC, it doesn't have to be difficult. Is Colorado the only state that has it's sh#t together in this regard? Y'all need to force some major changes in your state if you have to go stand in line for more than 30 minutes. Absentee....Mail-In......early voting, ffs.

I think a lot of the talk about voting lines and inconvenience is done to suppress voters and discourage people in that area from voting.  If Republican leaders in Georgia (just using this as an example) are able to work the system to not have very many polling places in urban areas or areas predominantly populated by democrats, that's better for Republicans.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think a lot of the talk about voting lines and inconvenience is done to suppress voters and discourage people in that area from voting.  If Republican leaders in Georgia (just using this as an example) are able to work the system to not have very many polling places in urban areas or areas predominantly populated by democrats, that's better for Republicans.

You're describing voter suppression. 

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, knapplc said:

One of the more fascinating subplots of this election cycle has been that Fox News has Mayor Pete on in recurring segments. He's absolutely shredded them a couple of times, but they keep inviting him back.

Mayor Pete has become one of my favorites, look forward to him in a cabinet position if Biden wins. 

• Plus1 1
28 minutes ago, knapplc said:

One of the more fascinating subplots of this election cycle has been that Fox News has Mayor Pete on in recurring segments. He's absolutely shredded them a couple of times, but they keep inviting him back.

He's a willing Democrat that will get eyes and interactions on their social media accounts when the bite-sized clips of him hoisting them on their own petards get posted. 

19 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Mayor Pete has become one of my favorites, look forward to him in a cabinet position if Biden wins. 

As do I; my wife thinks he might get UN Ambassador. 

6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

To trigger the libs?

Oh, wait. That's what the other guys do.

No, to trigger the repubs Pete would have to be nominated to some Marriage and Family department. Does anything like that exists? Whoever is in charge of any federal marriage type thing. That's where you put the gay guy if you are as mature as Trump.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2