***** Official Election Game Day Thread *****

2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I think lots of outlets have to take a really deep look at their polling methods and models. Their failures are not due to a concerted effort to screw with them. It can't be. How could random people, within the framework of a good polling process, pull off such a scam? This is clearly a failure of methodology and/or biased polling. The problem is not shy voters or purposeful deception. The people doing these polls are obviously doing it wrong.

I've been wondering about this too.  Could this election be the death of the "value" or trustworthiness of polls?  How are they even conducted?  Calling landlines?  Many don't even have those anymore and with caller-ID, they won't answer unknown calls--I know I never do.

trump told us how this would go. He even told us he'd declare victory on election night (he did).

He told us the vote would change over the course of the few days after the election, and it is.

And Biden's winning, because all the votes counted late are all the Dem votes cast in early voting.

• Plus1 1
25 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I think lots of outlets have to take a really deep look at their polling methods and models. Their failures are not due to a concerted effort to screw with them. It can't be. How could random people, within the framework of a good polling process, pull off such a scam? This is clearly a failure of methodology and/or biased polling. The problem is not shy voters or purposeful deception. The people doing these polls are obviously doing it wrong.

The problem is cell phones and technology have changed the polling game and they haven't adjusted methodologies to address it. 

54 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Another entry in the "Destroy the Electoral College" files:

My vote should not be passed through a filter. 

One person, one vote. Period.

And rank voting for primaries.   We probably wouldn't have ended up wt Trump in 2016

• Plus1 4
7 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Last night I was thinking - I need to find a 'eat crow' gif for my Biden Cabinet thread.  Now, I'm thinking - it is alive and well. 

This is now old news, but it points to how important NE 2nd district was.  From FoxNews election site:

image.png.00c225575cf0f4fe219c2a27ac529097.png

As someone who still has family and friends still in Omaha, and most (if not all) of them voted for Trump, I was so glad to see District 2 go to Biden.  It was predicted as a huge point, and it turned out it probably will be.

I also saw that Pennsylvania considered splitting their electoral votes by Congressional District in 2011.  That would have added to the interest last night/today.

• Fire 1

Everything went pretty well here in Colorado. We shot down a poorly put together abortion ban where all people see is the 22-weeks number and freak out cuz they're too lazy to read the whole thing. We now have paid family leave for small businesses. We lowered income taxes. Raised taxes on tobacco and vaping bulls#!t. We might be reintroducing gray wolves to our state :dunno 

The only real loss in the state was one of our districts elected a gun-humping, Q-Anon-quoting, psycho who doesn't have any education past her GED to be US representative 

• Plus1 2