***** Official Election Game Day Thread *****

47 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Breaking up is hard to do.

Careful what you wish for. My top post-election fear is that Trump, feeling betrayed by Fox, and banned on mainstream social media, will launch his own TV channel and social media platform that gathers everything horrible to the Eye of Sauron to marshal a level of depravity that we cannot yet imagine.

1 minute ago, krill said:

Careful what you wish for. My top post-election fear is that Trump, feeling betrayed by Fox, and banned on mainstream social media, will launch his own TV channel and social media platform that gathers everything horrible to the Eye of Sauron to marshal a level of depravity that we cannot yet imagine.

Ya that's been floated out before. Sinclair can probably help him out. 

5 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I don't claim to know much about how the Supreme Court works, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't work this way.

It doesn’t, but if it does in this case, then SCOTUS will have lost all credibility and respect by over half the country.  That would be catastrophic and possibly irreconcilable in the future.  I’m thinking even Trump’s three darlings aren’t going to do something this reckless.  

3 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

It doesn’t, but if it does in this case, then SCOTUS will have lost all credibility and respect by over half the country.  That would be catastrophic and possibly irreconcilable in the future.  I’m thinking even Trump’s three darlings aren’t going to do something this reckless.  

I mean, not even getting to them voting the wrong way, they can't just pick pet projects to make decisions on. One of these lame attempts at a lawsuit actually has to get somewhere first, and it also has apply to enough states that it would give Trump a victory. That's why it's important Biden wins more than 270.

Just now, Decoy73 said:

I think (maybe being optimistic) the GOP knows that this goose is cooked and is thrilled with the senate/house and local level outcomes and wont shake the boat too hard. If you are on the right you still get to sway a lot of power, more than many predicted, and you get a chance to get away from the guy they all outwardly hated 4 years ago. Go back to more of the old status quo and try and build on the down ballot support.

• Plus1 1
34 minutes ago, TheSker said:

I think Hillary called them the "deplorables"......

Biden said he will be the president for all Americans 

We'll see if the deplorables and uneducated make the cut 

If you study the Red State/Blue State metrics, the uneducated enjoy a lot of government benefits from mostly Democratic policies, but the Republicans do a real good job of getting them to feel sorry for billionaires and hate the government from whose teat they're suckling. That's the beauty of manipulating the uneducated.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2

Trump's lead in GA is now 3,600 votes.

One slight positive for Trump is that the absentees from Chatham County, Georgia, votes that just dropped weren’t that friendly to Biden — he won this batch roughly 67:33 in a pretty blue county. Still, that’s better than the pace Biden needed, and he’s probably still on track to overtake Trump.

There are now about 19,000 votes left to count in Georgia, if I’m doing the math right, and Biden needs to win them by 3,600 votes, or 19 percent, in line with a margin of 60-40 or thereabouts.

Biden's been averaging about 70%. Will depend on what counties they're from.

A dangerous, dangerous path the President is taking.

The ONLY thing that MIGHT have any credibility is what he said about the polling being designed to suppress voter enthusiasm. I'd like to see some evidence of it first, but it's certainly possible. They've been incredibly wrong the past two elections.... But, again, it comes down to individual responsibility. Go vote.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

A dangerous, dangerous path the President is taking.

The ONLY thing that MIGHT have any credibility is what he said about the polling being designed to suppress voter enthusiasm. I'd like to see some evidence of it first, but it's certainly possible. They've been incredibly wrong the past two elections.... But, again, it comes down to individual responsibility. Go vote.

The polling is certainly off the last two presidential elections, but it's hard to imagine dozens of polling organizations conspiring to suppress voter enthusiasm. And even if that were true, 2020 has had strong voter turnout.

5 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

The polling is certainly off the last two presidential elections, but it's hard to imagine dozens of polling organizations conspiring to suppress voter enthusiasm. And even if that were true, 2020 has had strong voter turnout.

And it can be argued both ways if it isn't researched. One could argue it made Democrats think they had the thing won so some of the dumber ones didn't bother voting.

11 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

It's not too difficult to imagine them conspiring against him. He's asked for it.

But, I agree. It seems unlikely. I was just picking out the one thing that may have some truth too it.