***** Official Election Game Day Thread *****

4 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I didn't ask people to care about the rich, I just stated where I stood on it. I wouldn't lose sleep over it if they were taxed at a higher rate, it just doesn't make sense to me, and it's "bad for business".... Discouraging rich people to come/stay/keep their money away is always a bad idea? 

You know trickle down doesn't work, right? We have some of the lowest tax rates in the world and yet the rich still try to hide money in off shore accounts, play crooked games with tax loop holes, and invest in manual labor else where.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, ZRod said:

You know trickle down doesn't work, right? We have some of the lowest tax rates in the world and yet the rich still try to hide money in off shore accounts, play crooked games with tax loop holes, and invest in manual labor else where.

I pretty clearly stated earlier that I was aware that they used tax loopholes, and am against it. Everyone should pay the same percentage, no matter your income (I am not against of floor, of say $40,000/year, where you didn't have to pay income tax).

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

8 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I am poor but I can't get behind this.  

I could live with no income tax for people making say...under 30,000 a year...and then everyone else pays a flat tax rate.  

When Kerry was running, he had a National Flat Tax all figured out, at least according to his math nerd team.

2 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

Yeah...here’s the thing. You had the President of the United States personally go after these folks by name and the network in general for four years in public, and if they even pushed back one ounce, the Trump cultists would finger point and yell SEE!?! THEY HATE MUH PREZIDEYNT!!! (generally speaking—their spelling was likely worse). 

if CNN is bathing in the schadenfreude that 4+ years of Trump’s petulant childish behavior and baseless accusations (not to mention all of the childish, idiotic derp Trump supporters have spouted and continue to spout) created...well, I can’t blame them, they’re only human. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

The only problem I have with CNN and other news media going after the President like they have been is that they should have started 4 years ago. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I pretty clearly stated earlier that I was aware that they used tax loopholes, and am against it. Everyone should pay the same percentage, no matter your income (I am not against of floor, of say $40,000/year, where you didn't have to pay income tax).

Or like, certain jobs could be exempt :)

16 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Taking 50% of anybody's money is ridiculous, in my opinion.... 

Me too.  But, that would be the extreme.

But...understand that's not 50% of all of their income.  It's on a graduated scale.

But, if we had a law similar to this and the wealthy actually pay their share of taxes, then the debate can actually be, what is that upper limit?  Maybe that is 30 or 35%.  

• Fire 1