***** Official Election Game Day Thread *****

Breaking down trump's latest rage tweet:

THE OBSERVERS WERE NOT ALLOWED INTO THE COUNTING ROOMS.

The legal observers were allowed in. The folks without credentials were kept out. This is perfectly legal, and the way we all want it.

I WON THE ELECTION

He didn't.

GOT 71,000,000 LEGAL VOTES

Maybe. Sure. Whatever. Biden got more.

BAD THINGS HAPPENED WHICH OUR OBSERVERS WERE NOT ALLOWED TO SEE

No, they didn't. There are no reports of major issues. Despite the pandemic, people voted in record numbers, and the amount of errors or "issues" recorded is miniscule considering nearly 150 million votes were cast.

NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE

What "never happened before?"

MILLIONS OF MAIL-IN BALLOTS WERE SENT TO PEOPLE WHO NEVER ASKED FOR THEM

1) Not true, and 2) even if this were true, it wouldn't matter because only one vote counts. Our election system is pretty robust. It's hard to mess with it. Each person only gets to vote once. They check, and they're pretty thorough.

Ever notice how, pre-2016, our elections were considered pretty secure, and then the bloated cheeto comes along and starts yammering about issues? And this is the same guy who claimed his taxes had to be private because they were under audit (they aren't), and that Mexico was going to pay for the wall (they didn't, and he didn't build a wall in four years).

Why does anyone believe anything this doofus says?

• Plus1 3

9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This guy just needs to go away....yesterday. 

That psychopath behavior where he constantly lacks any ability to show humility, but instead makes everything about himself really shows how much he cares about the people of the United States as a whole. His ego (whether that's crossed wiring in his brain or a little demon sitting on his shoulder telling him the act crazy, or whatever it may be) shows that he only cares about himself, his need to be idolized, and his need for power and riches. He'd just assume create chaos in order to think it makes him feel better. I feel sorry for him. 

8 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Trying to understand these voter fraud concerns, so in states like California where no photo id is required, what do they bring with them when they vote? Do you not have to prove on any level who you are?

I brought nothing with me to vote in Nebraska. I told them who I was and signed my name, and had to know my home address. If I wasn’t me and the real Moiraine showed up and it showed Moiraine had already voted, they would probably investigate and look at the signature and if it didn’t match they would toss out the vote and the real Moiraine would then vote.

Don’t fall prey to any of the stories, especially this year. An ID being required would be fine if it was free but it isn’t the biggest issue when it comes to voting. There are places in Kansas where there are 5x as many people per polling station and where with no explanation they moved the voting location outside of the city. I realize you don’t think this makes it hard enough to vote to matter but it’s likely more impactful than any kind of fraud we have. Fraud has been investigated thoroughly. Even with Trump in charge and a special team looking into it they didn’t find anything. 

• Plus1 2