***** Official Election Game Day Thread *****

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Schwab crashed.  TD Ameritrade crashed, anyone use Scott trade?

Everyone is buying stocks like crazy!  Uncle Joe has basically shot steroids into the economy!  

Party related stocks are soaring!  Or they were, I can't check anymore after buying some Party City

Unfortunately, Scottrade got bought out my TD Ameritrade in 2017. And when it did, I dropped my Scottrade account like a hot potato. Now I rely on a Mr. Emmanuel Nwude from Nigeria to make all of my stock trades.

• Haha 1

On 11/8/2020 at 2:49 AM, Notre Dame Joe said:

Only one name behind those letters produced the best prosperity ever known.  You just voted against him.

In terms of what, exactly? As I've acknowledged before, Trump accomplished several things during his tenure. Some were good that I agreed with, but in the face of the below, 'best prosperity' is so blatantly disingenuous that it would appear like you're not even trying to have an honest conversation... particularly if we take into consideration the importance of character.

- Our reputation among our global peers is at perhaps one of its lowest points in decades, buoyed by Trump's narcissim and 'America first' mentality

- His massive tax reform has accomplished none of the ambiguous goals Republican leaders said it would, and to this point, there are few signs that it ever will

- Where's his health care plan that we would see "in two weeks" for the last two years?

- He was impeached

- His administration failed to negotiate and sign a second stimulus deal prior to election day

- His response to the COVID-19 pandemic has been incredibly poor when judged on scientific criteria and the actions of our global peers

- His administration regularly fueled civil unrest and routinely sent mixed messages regarding racism and civil rights

I'm genuinely curious how your perspective of his positive contributions to this country outweigh the abundance of negativity and policy failures we've experienced in four years, to the point that with a straight face you can claim "best prosperity."

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1