***** Official Election Game Day Thread *****

15 minutes ago, admo said:

Popping in the P&R to tell my brothers and sisters on our board CONGRATS!!! 

I am not glad that Biden won, because I am a conservative, but I do know the feeling when the person you don't want to win, doesn't win (previous election for me personally). 

So I hope you smile and enjoy and be happy and CONGRATS!!!  I am totally sincere about this.

And now you are possibly primed for the next 4-12 years.  I have no idea what the Rs are going to do in the next primary election, but I hope they don't waste it.  I don't care at the moment, it's not even my point.    But my point is - enjjoy, smile, laugh and congrats!

Thanks, but it's not about just winning and losing--this is politics and governance, not a sporting event. Instead of pointing and laughing (like what the Trump voters have done the past 4+ years) the sane, rational people left in the GOP need to clean house and get rid of the infestation that Trump and his supporters have caused. 

I don't have a problem with a Republican governance that follows laws and knows when it's time to stop playing partisan politics and to get everyone on board to tackle a common enemy (e.g. a f***** pandemic). I have a problem when a party plays politics with and kowtows to the crazy, vocal base that is eschewing common sense and rational thought so they can live in a reality of their choosing. 

Unfortunately, those sane, rational Republicans are either A-voting with the Democrats now (see Lincoln Project), or B-left holding the bag while they watch the GOP become a circus tent full of derp. 

• Plus1 6
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, knapplc said:

STOP THE PRESSES!!! Thousands of uncounted votes found in Puerto Rico!!!

(except that since Puerto Rico isn't a state, they don't get to vote for president)  :lol:

For crying out loud!  If I was a Republican Trump supporter I'd be offended that Cornyn thought I was this dumb!

@Notre Dame Joe, John Cornyn thinks you're an idiot!

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

STOP THE PRESSES!!! Thousands of uncounted votes found in Puerto Rico!!!

(except that since Puerto Rico isn't a state, they don't get to vote for president)  :lol:

Even if they could why would they vote for Trump? Maybe they can get 2 rolls of paper towels in the second term. 

• Plus1 3

59 minutes ago, schriznoeder said:

Yeah, these votes weren't part of the total--they were segregated when counted. So Biden's lead remains unchanged in PA, and this win is the legal equivalent of a combination wet fart/fail trombone. 

• Plus1 3
17 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

Thanks, but it's not about just winning and losing--this is politics and governance, not a sporting event. Instead of pointing and laughing (like what the Trump voters have done the past 4+ years) the sane, rational people left in the GOP need to clean house and get rid of the infestation that Trump and his supporters have caused. 

I don't have a problem with a Republican governance that follows laws and knows when it's time to stop playing partisan politics and to get everyone on board to tackle a common enemy (e.g. a f***** pandemic). I have a problem when a party plays politics with and kowtows to the crazy, vocal base that is eschewing common sense and rational thought so they can live in a reality of their choosing. 

Unfortunately, those sane, rational Republicans are either A-voting with the Democrats now (see Lincoln Project), or B-left holding the bag while they watch the GOP become a circus tent full of derp. 

And here’s an analysis piece from the Washington Post that details the shift in the GOP from being pro-Democracy to pro-Authoritarian:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/11/12/republican-party-trump-authoritarian-data/

What is troubling (other than the trends of the GOP primarily appealing to uneducated whites and very little else) is how their fevered grip on Capitalism requires them to eschew reality and construct their own to justify their position. It’s as if we’re in late-stage Capitalism...

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

i think the news needs to stop talking about trump and what he is saying or doing.   a simple "president baby  is still crying about the election" and leave it at that.   then go on to talk about Corona or the biden transition to power or whatever else is in the news that day.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This guy has totally lost his marbles.  He can't even keep the same thought process through one tweet.

says the guy who 4 years ago talked about how rigged the election was against him with millions of illegal aliens voting against him.

• Plus1 2
18 hours ago, commando said:

and now some commentary from britain

What I find amazing is the degree of interest or should I say passion in the American election that many outside our boarders have.  How passionate do we get about the elections in other countries?  Typically not much.   It proves 1. How influential America is to these other nations and 2. How sh%$ty of a president we had  when 'outsiders' are celebrating his defeat.

• Plus1 2