***** Official Election Game Day Thread *****

On 11/8/2020 at 10:26 PM, Moiraine said:

The utter piece of s#!t has spoken again. Presidential elections are already stacked in the GOP's favor you f#&%ing a$$h@!e.

Oh, and Romney is an idiot too. The Democrats received more votes in the presidential election, more votes in the House elections (over 2 million more so far), and more votes in the Senate elections. Bulls#!t this is what people are saying.

Lindsey Graham and Mitch McConnell getting reelected tells me that the states of South Carolina and Kentucky are inherently broken, and should have remained kicked out of the union in 1865. 

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

Lindsey Graham and Mitch McConnell getting reelected tells me that the states of South Carolina and Kentucky are inherently broken, and should have remained kicked out of the union in 1865. 

Depending on who you talk to in those states, South Carolina and Kentucky still haven't been brought back to the Union. 

Southern Republicans are, typically, still fighting the Civil War, but just through other means. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, commando said:

talk about a LAME duck

So what you're saying is that if you're Russia, China, or North Korea, now is a GREAT time to attack the United States?

Well, even better than any other time during the past 3.75 years, at any rate...

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

No Wendys were harmed, but Trumpers were in route to shoot up a vote count in Philly. 

I said before the election that people are going to die no matter what. If Trump won we would see the mass demonstrations unlike we've ever seen, which invariably would result in causalities one way or another. Now that Biden has won, it is inevitable that isolated delusional gun nuts are going to go out guns blazing.

It's easier to predict where and when dangers are with the first situation, hence boarding of windows. The second group is the unchecked issue we've been dealing with for decades that only finally took a break because of a pandemic.

• Plus1 1
51 minutes ago, mrandyk said:

I said before the election that people are going to die no matter what. If Trump won we would see the mass demonstrations unlike we've ever seen, which invariably would result in causalities one way or another. Now that Biden has won, it is inevitable that isolated delusional gun nuts are going to go out guns blazing.

It's easier to predict where and when dangers are with the first situation, hence boarding of windows. The second group is the unchecked issue we've been dealing with for decades that only finally took a break because of a pandemic.

Fortunately, most of the second group are corralling themselves onto second and third-rate social media alternatives, which will make it easier for the FBI to keep tabs on the whackjobs. 

Remember in 2016 when Trump thought he was going to lose to Hillary Clinton and pre-declared the election fraudulent, and then when he won it wasn't fraudulent? And then he was reminded that Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by 3 million votes? And then Donald Trump claimed 3 million people in California, mostly immigrants, voted fraudulently, meaning he won the popular vote, too? And he never came up with a shred of evidence for any of these claims? 

Who does that? I mean other than an incredibly insecure 8 year old. 

• Plus1 4

Trump Is Trying to Overturn the Election, but I’m Not Panicking—Yet

Joe Biden is going to be the next president of the United States. He will be inaugurated on January 20 and take power at noon that day. There is nothing, legally, that Trump can do to stop that.

What Trump and his feckless Republican Party might do illegally to try to overturn the results of the election and prevent Biden from taking power is a different matter. Trump has evidently intimidated the administrator of the General Services Administration into refusing to acknowledge Biden’s victory and thus prevent his team from starting the transition process. Only a smattering of Republicans have acknowledged that Biden won, and most of those who have, like George W. Bush, no longer hold any political power. Trump has already filed a raft of baseless lawsuits. His people are drumming up talk of some kind of Electoral College devilry to overthrow the popular will. And Trump fired the Secretary of Defense, Mike Esper, yesterday, which seems like the kind of thing one does before one launches a coup d’état.

Years of watching Democrats snatch defeat from the jaws of victory gives many the sinking feeling that “it’s happening, again.” But rational thought tells us that these Trump gambits, all of them, are pointless. Biden won and his ascension to power is now inevitable, whether Trump accedes to that reality or not. As a wise man once sang: Gravity always wins.

Good article that people should read if they're apprehensive about the transition of power.

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, mrandyk said:

You say that but I'll wait until a D congressman gets shot.

• Fire 1