NU vs NW prediction

Hilltop

27 minutes ago, Branno said:

There are more important and consequential things happening this week than Husker game day prep.

Staring at the news 24 hours a day is unhealthy.  Both sides will throw stones for weeks and we won't know anything worth knowing until mid December.  In the mean time, I am going to enjoy some Husker Football.  

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 2

Red NU 31 - Purple NU 21

Huskers jump to early lead due to more Frost creativity with his offensive tools. Wildcats adjust and close to 3 late in the 3rd quarter.  The TRUE NU scores mid 4th and defense salts it away... 31-21 Big Red!

Or I could be completely wrong....just happy to have a distraction on Saturday.  Here is hoping everyone involved in the game stays safe and healthy.

• Plus1 2

We will go up by 17 points in the 1st half. 
they will kick a FG with under a minute remaining in the 1st half, swinging momentum. 

they get the ball to start the 2nd half and score a quick TD, closing the gap to 7. 

we will have a sustained drive after that only to stall at their 30 yd line with several penalties and a wasted timeout that push us back to the 47 yd line. 

we punt. They go 97 yds in 14 plays and 8:08 off the clock. Aided by 2 questionable PI calls on 3rd and 17 or more during the drive. 

we counter their long TD drive with a fumbled snap, a false start and a blown screen pass into the boundary for a nice 00:52 drive and 3 n out. 

they score a TD, after a nice punt return to our 48 yd line,  on a scramble to the right by their QB under pressure, finding a wide open WR in the back of the end zone. 

Subsequently, we trade punts and field position for approx 8 more minutes. We try and throw together a late drive to win, thwarted by a dropped pass and a holding  penalty after gaining enough yds for a first down. 

we play to go into overtime but their QB completes a pass on 3rd and 12 over the middle and the WR  runs to our 42 yd line. A draw, a quick out and a kill snap lines  them up for a 41 yd field goal which they make for the Win. 

tell me I’m wrong. 

yds gained: 

N: 468

NW: 323

turnovers:

N: 3

NW: 0 

penalties:

N: 9-109

NW:  3-25

3rd down con 

N: 3-14

NW:  6-11

N  38:11

NW: 21:49

this is how I feel every game we play goes, especially if we “should” win. 

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, I am I said:

We will go up by 17 points in the 1st half. 
they will kick a FG with under a minute remaining in the 1st half, swinging momentum. 

they get the ball to start the 2nd half and score a quick TD, closing the gap to 7. 

we will have a sustained drive after that only to stall at their 30 yd line with several penalties and a wasted timeout that push us back to the 47 yd line. 

we punt. They go 97 yds in 14 plays and 8:08 off the clock. Aided by 2 questionable PI calls on 3rd and 17 or more during the drive. 

we counter their long TD drive with a fumbled snap, a false start and a blown screen pass into the boundary for a nice 00:52 drive and 3 n out. 

they score a TD, after a nice punt return to our 48 yd line,  on a scramble to the right by their QB under pressure, finding a wide open WR in the back of the end zone. 

Subsequently, we trade punts and field position for approx 8 more minutes. We try and throw together a late drive to win, thwarted by a dropped pass and a holding  penalty after gaining enough yds for a first down. 

we play to go into overtime but their QB completes a pass on 3rd and 12 over the middle and the WR  runs to our 42 yd line. A draw, a quick out and a kill snap lines  them up for a 41 yd field goal which they make for the Win. 

tell me I’m wrong. 

yds gained: 

N: 468

NW: 323

turnovers:

N: 3

NW: 0 

penalties:

N: 9-109

NW:  3-25

3rd down con 

N: 3-14

NW:  6-11

N  38:11

NW: 21:49

this is how I feel every game we play goes, especially if we “should” win. 

You're wrong.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3