*** Official Northwestern Game Day Thread ***

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

We'll put more eyeballs on TVs than Middle Directional State.

With the current trajectory of how this is going, even you know that is an absolute stretch.  Even Nebraskans are becoming numb to the product and would rather do other things on game days.  

So right now, this team's bowl game will be the cross over game against Maryland or MSU in December

1 minute ago, PaulCrewe said:

With the current trajectory of how this is going, even you know that is an absolute stretch.  Even Nebraskans are becoming numb to the product and would rather do other things on game days.  

So right now, this team's bowl game will be the cross over game against Maryland or MSU in December

It isn't, and you know it. We've put 90K people in that stadium through Solich, Callahan, Pelini, Riley & now Frost.

Every single person upset in this thread is going to be here next week upset in the Penn State thread.

We're too stupid or too stubborn to stop watching this team.

5 minutes ago, huskerfaninbuckeyehell said:

I don't even know what to say about this program anymore.

It is the worst it has been in over 60 years.  With only the smallest whispers of turning it around.

The defense played good enough to win today.  I think there are some indications of improvement there.  The offense pissed away 20+ points today.  Just total chaos on offense.  It looks like they really don't have any idea of what they want to do.

Several people keep saying this year doesn't count.  But if they go 1-7 or 0-8 (assuming no more canceled games), it will just about destroy what remains of this team's cohesion - meaning 2021 basically becomes another "We are going to rebuild and come back strong" season. 

Looks more and more like a 1 year awesome record in a no-defense league does not a coach make.  I hope I'm wrong, but the horrid discipline, particularly on offense, in year 3 does not bode well.

15 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

There are more devastating things happening in the world today than worrying about a football game. Get a grip. 

This isn't the "more devastating things in the world today" thread. This is the Northwestern game thread, so we're reacting to this game here.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Thanks 1
Just now, knapplc said:

It isn't, and you know it. We've put 90K people in that stadium through Solich, Callahan, Pelini, Riley & now Frost.

Every single person upset in this thread is going to be here next week upset in the Penn State thread.

We're too stupid or too stubborn to stop watching this team.

Of course I'll be here, I love this s#!tshow of a thread every week.

But, I won't agree with everyone comes back for it every Saturday.  I personally know to many who would rather work now or do something else.  ANd they are some of the biggest fans there are, so you know others are doing the same. 

Again this team with 3 wins(high end of things right now IMO) or less will NOT even sniff a bowl over any team with more wins

2 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

Of course I'll be here, I love this s#!tshow of a thread every week.

But, I won't agree with everyone comes back for it every Saturday.  I personally know to many who would rather work now or do something else.  ANd they are some of the biggest fans there are, so you know others are doing the same. 

Again this team with 3 wins(high end of things right now IMO) or less will NOT even sniff a bowl over any team with more wins

Sure, some people are giving up. But this is a conversation about who puts more eyeballs to TVs, and that's still Nebraska.

10 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

And with the way things are trending, that game could be to avoid an 0-fer season.  Seriously, other than Illinois, I don't see how Nebraska wins any other games on the current schedule (without yet knowing who they will play in the last game).

I hope they figure something out and at least eek out a win at some point.  Maybe they would get some confidence if that happens.