Biden's America

1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

I am neither hysteric, nor race baiting. I am sharing from the article that was linked. 

You are correct, I did not go to Biden's campaign website. Thank-you for providing a cut and paste. 

You really should have looked though. That's what I always try to do. And knapp's intent was clearly to say what you were posting was hysteric and race-baiting, not that you wrote it yourself and were being hysteric/race-baiting yourself.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

Banks can have models/policies that discriminate even if it's not on purpose, and there are regulations they have to follow so this doesn't happen. They also have whole departments that try to make sure this isn't happening. After the 1st round of loans they did make some adjustments.

I was discriminated against at my bank, because of my 520 credit score and crippling debt.  

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

Banks can have models/policies that discriminate even if it's not on purpose, and there are regulations they have to follow so this doesn't happen. They also have whole departments that try to make sure this isn't happening. After the 1st round of loans they did make some adjustments.

It is possible for banks to be less willing to work with businesses in certain neighborhoods because of increased risk.

11 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It is possible for banks to be less willing to work with businesses in certain neighborhoods because of increased risk.

They can't base it on neighborhood. They can go by things like Credit score and ability to pay, although with PPP they were supposed to focus less on Credit score. But I think with PPP they looked at whether Covid reduced revenue by a certain %. If you had a business already failing in February I'm guessing it was less likely you'd get funding.

2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

They can go by things like Credit score and ability to pay,

If it is based off of this, I fail to see how it's discriminatory.  Minorities still may have been left out of the program more and I'm for helping them be more in line with non-minorities as far as participation.  But, I wouldn't call what happened before, discriminatory.  

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If it is based off of this, I fail to see how it's discriminatory.  Minorities still may have been left out of the program more and I'm for helping them be more in line with non-minorities as far as participation.  But, I wouldn't call what happened before, discriminatory.  

It isn't discriminatory, that is why you are failing to see it.  

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It just depends on if that is the only reason there were less minorities/women/small businesses getting the loans. I don't know enough about it to know if it was the only reason. I'm not sure exactly what banks changed with the 2nd program. 

Found a couple articles on a mystery shopper test done in the L.A. area. There may be more to it than Blacks/minorities who requested funding having worse Credit profiles. Additionally I read (didn't realize this before) that the law was designed to help people in underserved areas and areas more impacted by Covid, but the SBA didn't give this direction to banks. With the changes in January they are trying to make sure it happens this time.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/15/business/paycheck-protection-program-bias.html

https://www.newsweek.com/minority-owned-businesses-end-line-ppp-loans-thousands-ignored-denied-1558580

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, knapplc said:

The "personal responsibility" of Republicans in action. :rolleyes:

Just stop. Devo is a good poster. He asks questions, retracts when he's wrong or doesn't have all the info, and explains his positions. Stop being a jerk and pigeon holing everyone who expresses a different perspective.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

9 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Just stop. Devo is a good poster. He asks questions, retracts when he's wrong or doesn't have all the info, and explains his positions. Stop being a jerk and pigeon holing everyone who expresses a different perspective.

Ah, thanks. I didn't even notice since it wasn't quoted. 

Just now, DevoHusker said:

All good..

If you want me to know it was a put down towards me, go ahead and quote me. I won't go into hysterics.

More exasperation than a put-down, and not really at you. Just bad timing for that reply. Would have been better not to submit it.

• Plus1 1