Biden's America

9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I have never understood the ban on gay or trans people in the military.  

I always wondered why they shouldn't be allowed to go fight and die for our country just like anyone else.  OR.....be drafted and go fight and die against their will like anyone else.

No kidding, it makes no sense to me either.  I know this much, I don't want to go fight.

White House staff welcomes new first family: 'The residence has life again'

The new President and first lady settled in at the White House this weekend, and did so with extended Biden family members.

"The residence has life in it again," a White House source told CNN of the energy inside. "It's the honeymoon period where everything feels new."

There were nighttime movie binges in the White House movie theater, complete with snacks from the White House kitchen cooks, many of the Bidens' five older grandchildren piling into the seats to watch, said another source familiar with the activities. The increased activity was met with pandemic precautions, including mask wearing.

On Sunday, the first dogs arrived from Delaware, where they had been waiting until things were unpacked and settled enough to allow a comfortable entry for the two German Shepherds at their new pad.
"Champ is enjoying his new dog bed by fireplace and Major loved running around the South Lawn," the White House said a press release early Monday morning. Champ lived at the vice president's residence during the Biden's time there, and Major was adopted by the family in 2018 from a Delaware pet rescue.

Sunday saw a church-and-bagel run by the President, son Hunter and granddaughters Finnegan and Maisy. The narrow streets of Georgetown were clogged with motorcade vehicles while Hunter ran to grab bagels from Call Your Mother, a popular deli. (The choice of stop was tinged with a shmear of swamp: one of Call Your Mother's owners and investors is Jeff Zients, Biden's Covid "czar." According to the Washingtonian, much of the recipe-testing for the deli's first location was done in Zients' kitchen.)

Biden's visit to a DC dining establishment on Day 5 of his presidency already ties him with the number of local restaurants former President Donald Trump visited. In his four years in Washington, Trump seldom ate out and when he did, only did so at one place -- the steakhouse at the Trump hotel.
  • Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I have never understood the ban on gay or trans people in the military.  

I always wondered why they shouldn't be allowed to go fight and die for our country just like anyone else.  OR.....be drafted and go fight and die against their will like anyone else.

Never understood it either

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, I get that you agree with me on this.  But, why is it that Republicans fight things like this so much?

Dude, it is because they care sooooo much about the lives of gays and trans people that they don't want them to get killed while serving, come on!

4 minutes ago, Redux said:

Don't worry, won't have to use stock footage soon from the sound of it.

Sure.

Anti-Biden conspiracy claims US escalating role in Syria

The US has several hundred personnel in eastern Syria where it works with the Syrian Democratic Forces to continue to stabilize the area and fight ISIS. The SDF control a large swatch of Syria east of the Euphrates. Trump vowed to leave Syria in 2017, 2018 and again in 2019. In 2019 he withdrew forces from new Tel Abyad and enabled a Turkish invasion that caused some 200,000 people to flee.

Kurdish allies of the US in Syria were concerned the US would betray them after they had fought against ISIS alongside US, French and UK special forces. However, the US stayed in Syria. Trump said he would secure Syria’s “oil.” US Central Command and the US State Department appeared to have conflicting goals. It remains to be seen what Biden’s Syria policy is.  

The conspiracy theory that claims Biden “invaded” Syria or sent a US convoy there on his “first day” is a misreading of events. The US supplies its forces in eastern Syria with trucks often sent from the Kurdistan region of northern Iraq. This is a tenuous logistics pipeline for US personnel and Combined Joint Task Force Operation Inherent Resolve. Those who follow these movements call them routine. There is no evidence of an increased US footprint, a change in posture or tempo of operations.  
  • Plus1 1