Biden's America

19 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Why are you bringing those up?  Someone brought up Jared specifically so where does this come into play?  

The discussion started because they were complaining that Pete wasn't qualified for the job, then implied that this is what we will expect with Biden.  Meaning....it was soooo much better with Trump because he appointed such amazingly qualified people.  Which....is laughable

3 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I have a hard time keeping the bottom portion of my crews, for whatever reason, even though I pay better than the other landscaping companies in the area, from what I've been told. I have a few loyal/good workers, though. What field are you in business in, if you don't mind me asking.

We're a manufacturing company.  And, like you, there's a certain level of employee that just sits and churns with turnover.  Every once in a while you find one that's good and you work like hell to keep them.

@BigRedBuster @B.B. Hemingway Reminds me a lot of my mother-in-law's company. I've been watching her manage it for six years now and she hires quite a few people in the $9-$11 range for certain jobs. It's by far her highest turnover employee group. It seems to attract a certain kind of person. Sometimes you'll find a diamond in the rough, but many of them don't make it longer than 3-6 months.

28 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The discussion started because they were complaining that Pete wasn't qualified for the job, then implied that this is what we will expect with Biden.  Meaning....it was soooo much better with Trump because he appointed such amazingly qualified people.  Which....is laughable

So reply to their posts.  Mine was in reference to Middle East peace 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

We're a manufacturing company.  And, like you, there's a certain level of employee that just sits and churns with turnover.  Every once in a while you find one that's good and you work like hell to keep them.

Absolutely.

57 minutes ago, Enhance said:

@BigRedBuster @B.B. Hemingway Reminds me a lot of my mother-in-law's company. I've been watching her manage it for six years now and she hires quite a few people in the $9-$11 range for certain jobs. It's by far her highest turnover employee group. It seems to attract a certain kind of person. Sometimes you'll find a diamond in the rough, but many of them don't make it longer than 3-6 months.

The same people that tried to spend the last year on unemployment.

Edit: Obviously, I'm speaking to my little corner of the country where the virus had little to no impact on employment opportunities.

• Plus1 1
56 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

The same people that tried to spend the last year on unemployment.

I understand why they bumped the unemployment payments, but this has had an affect on hiring.  There's a certain type of person that wants to stay on unemployment to collect that extra $600...or whatever it is right now.

20 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I understand why they bumped the unemployment payments, but this has had an affect on hiring.  There's a certain type of person that wants to stay on unemployment to collect that extra $600...or whatever it is right now.

The increase in the amount of unemployment never made any sense. If $400 (or whatever) was paying the bills well enough before the pandemic, it should pay the same bills during the pandemic.

• Plus1 1

Just now, Fru said:

Refusing a reasonable job offer disqualifies someone from receiving Unemployment Insurance benefits. 

https://dol.nebraska.gov/PressRelease/Details/153

"Declining Suitable Work

Under the law, if an unemployed person is offered a comparable job to their previous job at comparable wages and hours and refuses to accept the job offer, they will be disqualified from benefits."

L

O

L

Yeah, sure it does. Trust me when I tell you, that is nowhere near actively enforced. At least from the experiences I've been around with employees/former employees/acquaintances/etc.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2