Biden's America

9 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I'm all for not invading anyone.  I wish the US would just hurry up and find a way to work with everyone in the region to stabilize it enough that things could move forward peacefully.  This responsibility is not and should not be the USA's alone.

But I do think there is a key difference between the airstrikes yesterday and the strike that killed the Iranian general last year.  Trump's strike was based on vengeance for previous attacks where it's being reported that the attacks yesterday targeted supply lines between Iraq and Syria that are being used by forces attacking the US and allies.  I'm probably missing something pretty important though.

I do appreciate that Trump didn't get us into any "wars" and I hope Biden can follow suit.  Dropping bombs is s#!tty no matter who the President is...

Maybe get us out of this forever war that has cost us over 7 trillion dollars and has no plan for victory and then you wouldnt need to bomb supply lines used by forces attacking US and allies.

Yes, Trump didnt get us into a new war. Almost with Iran. But he promised to end the war and he didnt. He kept drone strikes going and didnt get our troops out like promised. This isnt a defense of Biden because hes just as bad when it comes to war hawking. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Redux said:

37 days in, he's about to "officially" invade Syria and use some warped justification.  I can't even see the true underlying reason for it, we can't even use the oil caveat here.

Wait...what?  Did I miss something other than a pin prick strike on a munitions stockpile?

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

It's been a pretty pathetic line of thought from the beginning.  So, a President is going to invade a foreign country literally on the first day of his Presidency.  And, people eat it up.

Rumors that the US has sent a “convoy” of trucks to Syria spread online overnight between Friday and Saturday. It was tweeted and pushed by those who are critical of US foreign policy and particularly some who have latched onto a narrative that former US President Donald Trump wanted to end “foreign wars” while President Joe Biden will “start” a new war. Neither is accurate. 

“Here we go again,” one person tweeted, claiming a “large” convoy had entered eastern Syria on the “first day” of Biden’s presidency. This relied on AlMasdar news, although the link to the supposed story had been removed when I clicked on it at 12:46pm on Saturday.

• Plus1 1
14 hours ago, ZRod said:

Just a thought, but that unemployment could be something that's propping up the economy right now for the lower wage earners.

I know that's the intention and I'm sure it's helping some who use it as intended. But, I'm seeing a hell of a lot of just the opposite.  We believe we even have people come in, purposely screw up to get fired to go back on unemployment.

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I know that's the intention and I'm sure it's helping some who use it as intended. But, I'm seeing a hell of a lot of just the opposite.  We believe we even have people come in, purposely screw up to get fired to go back on unemployment.

Thankfully, I've never had to deal with this.

But can a person that is fired "for cause" receive unemployment benefits?

14 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Thankfully, I've never had to deal with this.

But can a person that is fired "for cause" receive unemployment benefits?

The system is so backlogged, they aren't even questioning this anymore.

What I'm interested in knowing is if you took people out that are gaming the system, really how backlogged would they be?  How much lower would our unemployment claims be?

2 hours ago, Redux said:

This isn't a good defense.  Public partisan outrage isn't an excuse.  Why do we need to be invading Syria?

Maybe pay attention to who is and isn't outraged, when, and who originally posted comments like my previous one...

42 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

No doubt. I know people who have "gamed" unemployment, and buisness owners who have done the same for PPE loans.

I think that's more a reflection of society and what we consider important morally and ethically.

• Plus1 2

Conspiracy Theroy???  Are you kidding me?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9301807/U-S-carries-airstrike-against-Iranian-backed-militia-target-Syria-officials-say.html

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1258912

That's a conspiracy theory?  Give me a break.  He's already moved troops through against their will, now this supposedly responsive measure.  Keep sugarcoating it all you want, this is going to keep heating up.

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Maybe pay attention to who is and isn't outraged, when, and who originally posted comments like my previous one...

Partisan outrage isn't the problem, strings of Presidents fighting imaginary wars is.  Justifying them or denouncing them based off of whose in office is one of the most hypocritical thing possible.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Redux said:

Conspiracy Theroy???  Are you kidding me?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9301807/U-S-carries-airstrike-against-Iranian-backed-militia-target-Syria-officials-say.html

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1258912

That's a conspiracy theory?  Give me a break.  He's already moved troops through against their will, now this supposedly responsive measure.  Keep sugarcoating it all you want, this is going to keep heating up.

Trying to figure out how you got "invading Syria" from either of those articles...

• Plus1 2