Biden's America

40 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

If minimum wage rose with inflation, then it would have been $12.98 in 2018, but if it had rose with productivity it would have been $22.19 in 2018. The $15 is a nice round number slightly above inflation but not keeping with productivity.

https://www.epi.org/publication/raising-the-federal-minimum-wage-to-15-by-2024-would-lift-pay-for-nearly-40-million-workers/

I don’t think it should be based much on productivity. If you have someone doing something manually, then you put a machine in front of them so they can get more done than before, it doesn’t mean they deserve more $. In fact it may make their job easier. Then there’s the fact that machines cost $ too.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

16 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Everyone likes free/cheap money and I don’t see anyone willing to turn it down.  

The wealthiest individual that I personally know (PE guy) has always told me that the best way to make money is by using someone else’s.   

PE teachers make that good of Bank?

Dang, I could have been playing kick ball this whole time.  

11 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I don’t think it should be based much on productivity. If you have someone doing something manually, then you put a machine in front of them so they can get more done than before, it doesn’t mean they deserve more $. In fact it may make their job easier. Then there’s the fact that machines cost $ too.

Thank you.  I agree. 

And, for the record, I’m fine with raising the minimum wage.  I’m just totally against using examples in places like California or Seattle and then force it on everyone else.  

It should actually go the other direction.  Set the national minimum wage at some of the lower cost of living areas and if a state needs to be higher, they can.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Don't know how they compete these days.

I think (but can't say for certain) that relative cost is still playing in their favor. They're certainly more expensive than they used to be, but I imagine the volume of food you receive for the cost has to still place it among the kings of the fast food industry.

At the risk of sounding smug, I'm surprised at how many people still go there in general. Needing something fast every once in awhile, OK. But there are people who make it a part of their 'diet' daily or multiple times per week. I just looked online and the quarter pounder with cheese meal starts at 840 calories. Not to mention that one of my old coworkers had a McD's hamburger from 2003 displayed in their office and it looks like you could still eat it.

• Plus1 1
49 minutes ago, Enhance said:

At the risk of sounding smug, I'm surprised at how many people still go there in general. Needing something fast every once in awhile, OK. But there are people who make it a part of their 'diet' daily or multiple times per week. I just looked online and the quarter pounder with cheese meal starts at 840 calories. Not to mention that one of my old coworkers had a McD's hamburger from 2003 displayed in their office and it looks like you could still eat it.

Agree.  I eat a fast food hamburger on a rare occasion when for some reason it just sounds good (maybe when I have a hangover).  Other than that, I can't imagine eating it all the time.

5 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

He can’t stop deflecting because that would require him trying to justify his sides clownish behavior regarding condemning everything the past Admin did that the current Admin is currently doing.  Deflection is his only option 

See you're wrong again there big guy. I've said nice things about Trump policies when I felt they were positive (as have quite a few others here), but I also call out all the bulls#!t. Can't say the same for you.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
6 hours ago, Redux said:

Maybe stop deflecting and talk about Biden pissing off Syria to a boiling point 

Maybe the OP of the post should have cared when it was Trump too. Never heard him say a word. I wasn't a fan of Obama's drone strikes, not a fan of Trump escalating Afghanistan, not a fan of either supporting the war in Yemen.

Syria is complicated for all, ISIS needed to be defeated. What's going on there now, I have no idea...

• Plus1 2

4 hours ago, ZRod said:

Maybe the OP of the post should have cared when it was Trump too. Never heard him say a word. I wasn't a fan of Obama's drone strikes, not a fan of Trump escalating Afghanistan, not a fan of either supporting the war in Yemen.

Syria is complicated for all, ISIS needed to be defeated. What's going on there now, I have no idea...

How so?

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, Redux said:

How so?

In his first term he increased troop levels beyond what Obama left him in Iraq, Syria, and Afghanistan. Airstrikes in Afghanistan overall during his term along with civilian deaths from air strikes increased from the last few years under Obama.

10 hours ago, ZRod said:

In his first term he increased troop levels beyond what Obama left him in Iraq, Syria, and Afghanistan. Airstrikes in Afghanistan overall during his term along with civilian deaths from air strikes increased from the last few years under Obama.

The Donald the Dove BS on this board is insane. He blew away the amount of air strikes Obama carried out in his first two years of office. There is legitimate far left  voters on this board that can reasonably b!^@h about Biden’s air strikes but our resident Trump voters have no legs to stand on.

• Plus1 2