Biden's America

11 hours ago, ZRod said:

In his first term he increased troop levels beyond what Obama left him in Iraq, Syria, and Afghanistan. Airstrikes in Afghanistan overall during his term along with civilian deaths from air strikes increased from the last few years under Obama.

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2020/11/outgoing-syria-envoy-admits-hiding-us-troop-numbers-praises-trumps-mideast-record/170012/

“We were always playing shell games to not make clear to our leadership how many troops we had there,” Jeffrey said in an interview. The actual number of troops in northeast Syria is “a lot more than” the roughly two hundred troops Trump initially agreed to leave there in 2019. 

“I know what I did in 2016, I do not disagree with that,” said Jeffrey, a former U.S. ambassador to Iraq. “I was following closely the situation with Iran, Iraq and Syria, and I was appalled that we didn’t have a more coherent policy. This wasn’t a political decision.”

Jeffrey now says that Trump’s “modest” and transactional approach to the Middle East has yielded a more stable region than either of his predecessors’ more transformational policies. President George W. Bush’s 2003 State of the Union speech heralding the seismic U.S. intervention into Iraq and President Barack Obama’s 2009 speech in Cairo proclaiming a “new beginning” with the Muslim world represent an approach to the Middle East that “made things worse” and “weakened us,” Jeffrey said. Trump’s administration, he said, has looked at the Middle East through a geostrategic lens and kept its focus on Iran, Russia, and China, while keeping the metastatic “disease” of Islamist terror in check. 

• Plus1 1
On 2/26/2021 at 9:52 PM, ZRod said:

In his first term he increased troop levels beyond what Obama left him in Iraq, Syria, and Afghanistan. Airstrikes in Afghanistan overall during his term along with civilian deaths from air strikes increased from the last few years under Obama.

He ended the war in Afghanistan like a year ago didn't he

I wonder if Biden plans on keeping any of his promises about transparency.  Combined with his ability to avoid taking direct questions from journalists that are not on a list, no solo press conferences, kids in cages, bombing the ME before any relief checks given,  he claimed he would be available and transparent and now this.

It’s pretty easy to complain about Trump on the campaign trail and talk about all the things you will do different.  Seems hard for Biden to put those complaints into action. 

• Plus1 2

3 hours ago, admo said:

Cancelling Dr Seuss?  Whaat?  Why?

Signaling..  woke vocabulary.. 
Bernie, Obama, and Biden is spot on.

Biden's America (and the left)..  :facepalm: 

Your post isn't coherent.

Dr. Seuss's estate manager decided not to sell 6 of his books. It's perfectly fine for a business to stop selling a book, and this is a good enough reason to do it, not that they need any reason at all. Nobody burned books to make it happen. This is feedback they received from teachers and students. Nobody is confiscating any Dr. Seuss books. Literally no one is harmed by this in any way. You should think of what you're getting annoyed by and get annoyed by things that actually hurt people.

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1