Biden's America

9 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

@BigRedBuster & I were having a discussion about this yesterday in regards to trade policy and outsourcing of jobs/manufacturing.   My concern is why are we outsourcing production to communist China and Vietnam when we could be doing the same in our now neighborhood in Central American.   BRB brought up some good points about stability, crime, resources etc as to why manufacturing went to the Far East instead.   With that said, it would go a long ways to helping the USA if we had policies that would help our neighbors to the south - and not just Americanized policies.  We've had some pretty ugly dealings with our neighbors trying to exert our will on them.  We have to make it an equal partnership and not one of dominance - the people there must lead and we can help with resources.   We must address the poverty, crime, gang, cartel issues so that people feel safe to stay in their countries and can find meaningful employment there.   We can create a win win if we start dealing with the people and the nations in Central America with compassion and as co-equal partners in reforming the area.  I wonder when DC will get the vision to do so instead of making these people the objects of debate and disdain - on a chain being jerked left and right.  

Sometimes the lines are really blurry between governments, cartels, and gangs. 

• Plus1 4

1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Seeing as how it’s worse than any point in the last 20 years, it seems to be the case. 

so now your narrative changes?  you said the dems were campaigning for open borders.  can you show us where they were doing that?  and if the borders are really open...why are they detaining people?

• Plus1 3
11 minutes ago, commando said:

so now your narrative changes?  you said the dems were campaigning for open borders.  can you show us where they were doing that?  and if the borders are really open...why are they detaining people?

What percent are being detained and sent back vs detained and let loose till a “hearing” date? 

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

What percent are being detained and sent back vs detained and let loose till a “hearing” date? 

you can answer that question yourself.  i was asking you where is your proof that the dems were calling for open borders?   that was your claim and i will keep asking you to back it up rather than let you change the subject.   

• Plus1 5

Fillibuster options.

"Biden did not say precisely what reform he would endorse (and the details would matter a lot), but two options that Democrats are reportedly passing around are:

1. Allowing a filibuster to be broken with three-fifths of senators present on the floor, which implies that Republicans would need to keep 34 senators present at all times to keep one up, or

2. Requiring 41 senators to be constantly present to maintain a filibuster, instead of requiring 60 to break one."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-tells-democrats-senate-again-152411672.html

50 minutes ago, commando said:

you can answer that question yourself.  i was asking you where is your proof that the dems were calling for open borders?   that was your claim and i will keep asking you to back it up rather than let you change the subject.   

tenor (p).gif

1 hour ago, commando said:

If you don’t send back the apprehensions and just catch and release, it’s a de facto open boarder.  The immigrants know this, you understand this, and the Democrats know this.  Go back and watch clips of the Democratic debates. 

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, commando said:

Maybe take Obama’s Secretary of Homeland Security’s word for it.  Is he qualified to answer?  Would you like to ask him for proof?  

https://www.businessinsider.com/obamas-dhs-chief-says-democratic-candidates-embracing-open-borders-2019-7?op=1

Obama's homeland security secretary says 2020 Democrats' immigration proposals are practically 'open borders'

Jeh Johnson, the secretary of homeland security during President Barack Obama's second term, told The Washington Post on Tuesday that some 2020 Democrats were pushing border-security reforms that might be ineffective and outside the immigration policies that most Americans want.

Read more: Julián Castro is running for president in 2020. Here's everything we know about the candidate and how he stacks up against the competition.

"That is tantamount to declaring publicly that we have open borders," Johnson said of the push to decriminalize border crossings. "That is unworkable, unwise and does not have the support of a majority of American people or the Congress, and if we had such a policy, instead of 100,000 apprehensions a month, it will be multiples of that."

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

If you don’t send back the apprehensions and just catch and release, it’s a de facto open boarder.  The immigrants know this, you understand this, and the Democrats know this.  Go back and watch clips of the Democratic debates. 

i will take this as an admission that you have no evidence to back up your claim 

• Plus1 3
35 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

:movegoalpost:

Nice emoji again.  Glad you can contribute in that way!  

1 minute ago, commando said:

i will take this as an admission that you have no evidence to back up your claim 

Ya.  Kinda just posted that Jeh Johnson agrees with my assessment. 

• Plus1 1