Biden's America

2 minutes ago, commando said:

2 wrongs don't make it a campaign for open borders.   but you do you.

I will certainly listen and take into account what the ex-Secretary of Homeland Security has to say on the subject.   Even more eye opening when he agrees his own party has a de facto open boarders stance. 

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I will certainly listen and take into account what the ex-Secretary of Homeland Security has to say on the subject.   Even more eye opening when he agrees his own party has a de facto open boarders stance. 

News flash.  Archy actually trusts a Democrat......only when it matches with the agenda.

• Plus1 3
15 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

so...someone saying the party has a de facto open border stance convinces you.    if someone says the republicans have a de facto nazi stance that should convince me also?    
you still haven't shown evidence to back up your claim that the dems ran on an open border policy.   i know you won't produce that evidence so good day sir.   

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, commando said:

if someone says the republicans have a de facto nazi stance that should convince me also?    

If a Republican Attorney General or Homeland Security Secretary said that, similar to a Democrat Homeland Security Secretary talking about his own party, I would certainly take notice.   Surprised you don’t.  

• Plus1 2
19 minutes ago, commando said:

so...someone saying the party has a de facto open border stance convinces you.    if someone says the republicans have a de facto nazi stance that should convince me also?    
you still haven't shown evidence to back up your claim that the dems ran on an open border policy.   i know you won't produce that evidence so good day sir.   

Yeah....never mind that deportations went up during the Obama administration.  So, yeah.....they are such a party of open borders..

"A group of 20 senators, mostly centrists but also including some more ideological members of both parties, is seeking to replicate its success last year in breaking a months-long logjam on coronavirus relief. The so-called G-20 hopes to develop bipartisan approaches to issues like the minimum wage, immigration and infrastructure, in the process providing a compelling argument against axing the filibuster — if it can produce results."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/latest-bipartisan-gang-tries-save-043018828.html

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/migrant-families-flights-canadian-border/2021/03/19/7885433c-88da-11eb-8a67-f314e5fcf88d_story.html

A new spike in the number of families and children crossing the Rio Grande into South Texas over the past several hours is forcing U.S. Customs and Border Protection to request airplanes that will allow the Biden administration to transport migrants to states near the Canadian border for processing, according to two Department of Homeland Security officials and an email reviewed by The Washington Post.

Border officials requested the air support from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement because 1,000 members of families and unaccompanied minors crossed the Rio Grande Friday morning, and border agents have another 1,000 migrants they have been unable to process since last night, the communications show.

Not sure of the actual thought process here? 

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/migrant-families-flights-canadian-border/2021/03/19/7885433c-88da-11eb-8a67-f314e5fcf88d_story.html

A new spike in the number of families and children crossing the Rio Grande into South Texas over the past several hours is forcing U.S. Customs and Border Protection to request airplanes that will allow the Biden administration to transport migrants to states near the Canadian border for processing, according to two Department of Homeland Security officials and an email reviewed by The Washington Post.

Border officials requested the air support from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement because 1,000 members of families and unaccompanied minors crossed the Rio Grande Friday morning, and border agents have another 1,000 migrants they have been unable to process since last night, the communications show.

Not sure of the actual thought process here? 

I'd say because the southern border checkpoints are overloaded with these cases and whatever paperwork/investigation into asylum requests, etc need to be done at a checkpoint facility with USBP personnel. There's only one other land border to do it at.  Just a guess though.

• Plus1 1