Biden's America

47 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Cut defense budget. Get out of endless wars. Stop building trillion dollar planes that dont work. Stop making s#!t up about Iran and trying to start a new war. There, just saved a few trillion. This is the kinda stuff we need to be spending trillions on, the future of this country. Not war. 

:clap  Amen!!!!

But....that wouldn't be the patriotic thing to do.

1 hour ago, SECHusker said:

-"It would spend heavily on infrastructure improvements, clean energy deployment and the development of other “high-growth industries of the future” like 5G telecommunications."

I must be in the minority of people who think communications is the biggest need of infrastructure in this country.  When was the last time we had a breakthrough development in transportation?  What about upgrading municipal water systems to eliminate lead pipes?  What about upgrading interstate systems like I-80 to be three lanes in many areas where traffic is heavy (Much of Nebraska)?  High speed trains in more areas? Upgrading old bridges?

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

What's considered "sizeable"?

Don't have access to the article anymore (used my free access allotments) but the tax increases that were reported last week suggested tax increases of $2.1T 

Source: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-15/biden-eyes-first-major-tax-hike-since-1993-in-next-economic-plan

And that was before the inclusion of h.r.3 (medicare law) is estimated to save the country $450B.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/policy-and-politics/2020/2/5/21123917/state-of-the-union-democrats-chanting-hr3-bill

So potentially as much as $2.5T.

11 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

By my math, this works out to $72,000 per person at 1,200 people.  I stay in hotel rooms quite a bit and that seems pretty expensive for 6 months.  Possibly quite a bit of waste here unless my math is off or I’m missing a key detail. 

No kidding!

86 million could build a pretty nice complex to house people until hearing dates.  

The deal is for 6 months, so it’s about $400 a day.  Those must be some nice rooms.  Maybe for my summer vacation I’ll take my family to Mexico and swim back across the Rio Grande!

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, funhusker said:

No kidding!

86 million could build a pretty nice complex to house people until hearing dates.  

The deal is for 6 months, so it’s about $400 a day.  Those must be some nice rooms.  Maybe for my summer vacation I’ll take my family to Mexico and swim back across the Rio Grande!

Armed guards are expensive.

• Haha 1

Dem senators are meeting on min. wage tomorrow.

"Tuesday’s meeting will include Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), relevant committee chairs including Sens. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), Patty Murray (D-Wash.), and Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) ― and the seven moderates who voted against Sanders’ $15 minimum wage proposal.

Sanders’ bill would have given an estimated 27 million workers raises over the next four years and pulled more than 1 million out of poverty, according to recent estimates from the Congressional Budget Office."

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/raising-minimum-wage-15-democrats-senators-233546702.html