Biden's America

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

By my math, this works out to $72,000 per person at 1,200 people.  I stay in hotel rooms quite a bit and that seems pretty expensive for 6 months.  Possibly quite a bit of waste here unless my math is off or I’m missing a key detail. 

Your tax dollars at work. 

• Plus1 4

57 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Your tax dollars at work. 

are you suggesting that they should open the borders and stop detaining people?  right now they have to pay the hotel owners to rent the rooms....and also pay for the guards to make sure they don't just walk out of the hotel and go to wherever they like.   also have to feed them i imagine.   

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, SECHusker said:

Sanders’ bill would have given an estimated 27 million workers raises over the next four years and pulled more than 1 million out of poverty, according to recent estimates from the Congressional Budget Office."

While eliminating 1.4 million jobs.  $15 may not be the correct number 

• Plus1 2

Ok, so would we rather have paid too much, or hear a story about how the government beat the hotel down on price like a customer does to a Tier 1 supplier, milking every penny? At least the money is helping out a buisness.

But the non profit side seems sketchy. That's always a way to shelter money...

On 3/22/2021 at 9:24 PM, commando said:

are you suggesting that they should open the borders and stop detaining people?  right now they have to pay the hotel owners to rent the rooms....and also pay for the guards to make sure they don't just walk out of the hotel and go to wherever they like.   also have to feed them i imagine.   

So what you are suggesting is, get free room and board, a paid body guard, and free buffets.  Nice. :thumbs  Sign me up for some of that.

• Plus1 3
8 hours ago, admo said:

So what you are suggesting is, get free room and board, a paid body guard, and free buffets.  Nice. :thumbs  Sign me up for some of that.

go get caught crossing the border illegally.  please report back about how great your vacation is

• Plus1 5

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Who else here spends $288,000 every six months for their family of four?  Heck these people wouldn’t even qualify for Biden stimulus checks if this were counted as income.  I imagine our homeless population would love this type of pampering. 

the opportunity is there for you to take advantage of.   please go and report back how great it is to be there.  take your family with you and let them report back how much fun it was.    it will be great so hurry before your opportunity disappears.

• Plus1 5

i need to set up a travel agency to book angry right wingers vacations under this great new program.   i could make millions.   have to make sure they leave documentation at home so they get the true experience and can't avoid any of the vacation "benefits".

• Plus1 4

I know I made a comment about the $400 a night hotel room, it was meant to be tongue-in-cheek.

But people are acting like the U.S. will be holding people up in the Holiday Inn with pool access, free room service, and complimentary drinks until the migrants "get on their feet" at the end of 6 months.  It's my understanding that families will be in these rooms for no more than a few days (goal of 72 hours) while they are being processed and in many cases turned away. 

I know there are cheaper options if we had time.  A facility could be built for far less and be more efficient.  But the govt needs shelter for these people now.

• Plus1 1