Biden's America

Good read on Manchin and voting rights:

"Pushing through legislation of this magnitude on a partisan basis may garner short-term benefits, but will inevitably only exacerbate the distrust that millions of Americans harbor against the U.S. government," he added. 

The moderate senator who has seen his power skyrocket with the Senate split 50-50 said he supports expanded early voting, help for Native Americans, limiting dark money in politics and more. But his opposition to doing all that and much, much more in one fell swoop essentially killed any chance Democrats had of getting S.1 through the Senate intact. "

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-break-up-voting-bill-manchin.amp

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, SECHusker said:

"President Biden has asked Education Secretary Miguel Cardona to compile a memo on the president's legal authorities to forgive student loan debt, including canceling up to $50,000, White House Chief of Staff Ron Klain said at a Politico Playbook event Thursday."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/klain-says-biden-waiting-legal-142341102.html

Anyone know if this is just retroactive and the people going forward get f$&@ed or is this a new policy where one  can take $50,000 in loans and have them forgiven.  I couldn’t see the qualifications on who is eligible from the article.  Hoping to find out before #2 goes to school in the fall.  

• Plus1 2

39 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Anyone know if this is just retroactive and the people going forward get f$&@ed or is this a new policy where one  can take $50,000 in loans and have them forgiven.  I couldn’t see the qualifications on who is eligible from the article.  Hoping to find out before #2 goes to school in the fall.  

Make it retroactive back to 1974-78 - then I can get a piece of the pie!! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So that's about 10% of the cost of the no-bid contracts the trump administration dealt out last year during Covid, some to companies tied to Jared. 

Federal no-bid contracts are not illegal. They are not a good idea, and would only be (slightly) palatable in cases of dire emergency. 

Offhand I'd guess the crisis at the border President Biden inherited from trump would qualify as a humanitarian emergency. 

11 minutes ago, knapplc said:

If there was no crisis at the border over the last four years of trump, why did he claim he needed a wall?

There has been a boarder issue for decades and you know this.  It wasn’t a Trump created issue that Biden inherited from Trump and Trump actually made the issue better during his time and Biden so far has f#&%ed it up royally.  Even the Democrats on the boarder counties are pissed.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1