Biden's America

21 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

400,000 apprehensions per year plus the untold amount that don’t get caught makes it an issue would you agree?  For 50 years we’ve had this issue as you’ve just stated.  

Lots of things seem like a big deal when you look at them with a microscope without considering the bigger picture. The chart BRB posted shows an increase but on this graph it would still be on the low end, and that's with a lot more agents than we used to have. And people who are obsessively anti-immigrant and pro-stupidity (e.g. walls) always seem to ignore the benefits.

9ptkzl8=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw

migrantperagent.jpg&ehk=dBAwvz%2BRXkxfED

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

_117625988_optimised-us_mex_encounters-n

Hmmmm..... @Archy1221  Well, would you look at that.  The monthly encounters at the border still aren't as high as the peak during the Trump administration.

There are, however, a (alleged) record high of 20,000+ unaccompanied minors now in custody. Does that number jibe with previous years in the data you were looking at?

12 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

And people who are obsessively anti-immigrant and pro-stupidity (e.g. walls) always seem to ignore the benefits.

Take a guess who wants to finish portions of the wall now?  

You are right that those who are anti-immigrant are idiotic and ignorant.  Calling people who want to control the border as anti-immigrant is also idiotic and ignorant and pro-stupidity.  

400,000 apprehensions per year plus the untold who get through that we don’t know about presents a problem.   

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Take a guess who wants to finish portions of the wall now?  

You are right that those who are anti-immigrant are idiotic and ignorant.  Calling people who want to control the border as anti-immigrant is also idiotic and ignorant and pro-stupidity.  

400,000 apprehensions per year plus the untold who get through that we don’t know about presents a problem.   

Maybe those people are anti-brown people then instead of anti-immigrant. Why aren't we building a wall on our northern boarder. If we are so concerned about controlling the boarder the northern one would be just as important.

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Maybe those people are anti-brown people then instead of anti-immigrant. Why aren't we building a wall on our northern boarder. If we are so concerned about controlling the boarder the northern one would be just as important.

Because unless I’m mistaken, we don’t have a minimum of 400,000 migrants wanting to illegally enter not to mention the tens of thousand if not hundreds of thousands that get through without getting caught might be a good reason. 

I also believe Boarder Patrol would capture any person trying to illegally enter, not just the brown ones. 

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Maybe those people are anti-brown people then instead of anti-immigrant.

Yet millions of "brown" people are anti-illegal immigration. 

Why aren't we building a wall on our northern boarder.

Have there been tens of millions of illegal immigrants (including people on the FBI's terrorist watch list)  illegally crossing the northern border?

I do agree that we should have a strong northern border, too.

• Plus1 2
45 minutes ago, ScarletRevival said:

Have there been tens of millions of illegal immigrants (including people on the FBI's terrorist watch list)  illegally crossing the northern border?

I do agree that we should have a strong norther border, too.

It's f#&%ing Canada...

• Haha 1
53 minutes ago, ScarletRevival said:

I do agree that we should have a strong norther border, too.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/illegal-border-crossings-canada-quietly-rising-data-shows-n981131

Some stats from 3 years ago on illegal border crossings at the Canadian border. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48629658

And reports by the Department of Homeland Security note that most undocumented immigrants do not cross the US border illegally, but rather overstay their visas. In 2017, Canadians overstaying their visa made up the largest group of these migrants, followed by Mexicans.

Nearly 93,000 Canadians stayed in the U.S. longer than they were permitted in 2017,

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/canadians-not-mexicans-represent-largest-number-of-visa-overstays-in-the-u-s-according-to-department-of-homeland-security

• Plus1 3
10 minutes ago, ZRod said:

It's f#&%ing Canada...

Not sure if I was supposed to laugh at this, but I did.

4 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/illegal-border-crossings-canada-quietly-rising-data-shows-n981131

And reports by the Department of Homeland Security note that most undocumented immigrants do not cross the US border illegally, but rather overstay their visas. In 2017, Canadians overstaying their visa made up the largest group of these migrants, followed by Mexicans.

Well, you've now convinced me that we need a stronger border presence on the northern side, along with more robust law enforcement regarding visa compliance.

• Plus1 2

6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Where's the proof Trump fixed it or that it got any better under his watch?

What are you smoking dude.  Who claimed Trump fixed the border issues?  

Portions of the border fencing are without a doubt better than before though and  It’s why Biden’s pal Mayorkas wants to add to it.  

The Remain in Mexico kept people out till their hearing.  That’s better.  

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Nearly 93,000 Canadians stayed in the U.S. longer than they were permitted in 2017,

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/canadians-not-mexicans-represent-largest-number-of-visa-overstays-in-the-u-s-according-to-department-of-homeland-security

Give them the boot too.  Who wants Canadians anyways. 

• Haha 2
On 4/7/2021 at 5:12 PM, Archy1221 said:

There has been a boarder issue for decades and you know this.  It wasn’t a Trump created issue that Biden inherited from Trump and Trump actually made the issue better during his time and Biden so far has f#&%ed it up royally.  Even the Democrats on the boarder counties are pissed.  

Where is the proof Trump made it better?

Where is the proof Biden has f#&%ed it up?

I’ve shown that the border encounters still aren’t as high as during the Trump era. 

And, I’ve shown that when Trump took over, it was at a 50 year low and not the extreme crisis that Trump wanted us to believe.  

9 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Who wants Canadians anyways. 

Me, because I work with tons of them and they are literally the same as we are. Kind of how immigrants from Mexico share a lot of the same values as we do and just want a better life like we all do.

• Plus1 2