Biden's America

56 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I got the joke, but it was also a segue to make my point about the people from the southern border.

I think as many immigrants that want to come in and that the US will allow is great.   However, IMO it has to be done in an orderly and legal process and Not just having over 500,000 people try and get through illegally.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
46 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I think as many immigrants that want to come in and that the US will allow is great.   However, IMO it has to be done in an orderly and legal process and Not just having over 500,000 people try and get through illegally.  

What is the Republican proposal to change immigration laws to allow those people in legally?

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

What is the Republican proposal to change immigration laws to allow those people in legally?

Good question.  Another good question is...does it really matter at this point in time what the Republican proposals are?  Will Democrats actually implement Republican policies at this point in Joe’s Administration?  

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Good question.  Another good question is...does it really matter at this point in time what the Republican proposals are?  Will Democrats actually implement Republican policies at this point in Joe’s Administration?  

:movegoalpost:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

The Republicans didn't have any ideas.  That's why I asked what they are.

15 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The Republicans didn't have any ideas.  That's why I asked what they are.

I’m sure there is a proposal or ideas from some Republicans in Congress. I just don’t know what they are at the moment or how practical they are at further solving the problem.  

• Plus1 1

15 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Just as much as you avoiding answering a question and instead posing one that doesn't matter to the original question.

Hey Mr. Goalpost.  I told him it was a good question.  I don’t have that answer and he knows he can look up the information in the same way I could.  He doesn’t need me to answer it.  My question also pertains to the discussion because Dems are in total control so what’s the likelihood that in today’s partisan atmosphere that they would pass a Republican proposal. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I don’t have that answer

This has been obvious from the beginning. You're just here to try to argue that Biden is bad on immigration somehow despite evidence he's not any worse. And you can't propose a better idea for what Biden or the Republicans should be doing.

• Plus1 3

Maybe the first thing the GOP could get on board with is investing billions into hiring more judges to process the backlog of immigrants instead of a wall for the sake of a wall.  Maybe we can get more people on board with expanding the DREAM act to fully employed adults with no criminal charges.

The GOP has to start getting on board with more things than just building a wall.